Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

9260 intel wifi card keeps giving me lag spikes during gaming.. ive noticed allot of other people say the same.. is there a fix for this yet.. ive tried the regedit and a couple other solutions but maybe theres a new fix for it...

gPoru
Beginner

every min or so ill get a lag spike.. for instance while playing rocket league ill have 28 ms then jump to 108 and lag for about a second and half causing my car to fumble in the air lol.. this is a issue with other games too but not as severe

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello gPoru, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. In order to assist you better please attach the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the direct link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Also please take a look at our Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Also let me ask: Is there any machine experiencing the same lag spikes? Does it happen if you are connected into different networks? I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello gPoru, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello gPoru, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
gPoru
Beginner

hey so i believe i get the lag spikes when im only on 5g network. the speed on it is incredible, but ill only use it when im downloading large files( video games) to speed up the time. when i get on regular wifi its fine while playing games.

so yeah my fix for my issue was switching from 5g to 4g, i would get no issues, shudders, or lag spikes while on 4g. thanks for the help guys.

0 Kudos