Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

AC 7260: BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and frequent disconnections of the WLAN connection

use987
Beginner

Hello,

I have 3 (!!!, you can almost rule out hardware damage) Lenovo x240s here with following problems:
- frequent disconnections of the WLAN connection.
- frequent BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (netwbw02.sys).

My configuration:
- Lenovo x240 with AC-7260 (this is supported by Lenovo for the x240), current BIOS.
- Windows 10 21H1, virus scan Windows Defender
- Current driver 18.33.14.3 (clean installion).

What can I do?
Is there any solution (or workaround) for the problems?

Thank you very much.

Greetings,
Uwe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello use987

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues, only WIFI or both?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Are they new computers?
  • Do you use the original wireless card or did you change the adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Are there any specific steps to reproduce your issue?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • How often do you see those problems?
  • Did you test different drivers? Please list their version.

If you can attach videos or screenshots with more information, it will help us get to the resolution.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
use987
Beginner

Hello David G,

Thank you for your message.
I will try to answer the questions below.

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues, only WIFI or both?
    use987: I have not experienced any problems with Bluetooth so far.

• When did it start to happen?
    use987: I bought the notebooks at the beginning of 2020. Since then, the problems have occurred.
    In the beginning, I used the notebooks almost exclusively on Ethernet, so the problems were hardly noticeable.

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
    use987: No, unfortunately not. The problems have occurred since the start-up with Windows 10 (beginning of 2020).

• Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
    use987: The problems occur in different environments.

• Are they new computers?
    use987: No, we are talking about used notebooks.

• Do you use the original wireless card or did you change the adapter recently?
    use987: The problems occurred both with the original WIFI cards (N 7260) and with new WIFI cards (AC 7260) that I was currently using.

• Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
    use987: Yes, the problems occur with different WIFI routers.

• Are there any specific steps to reproduce your issue?
    use987: No, unfortunately not.

• Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
    use987: The WLAN performance is okay.

• Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
    use987: The problems also occur with newly installed Windows 10.

• Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
    use987: I have tested different driver versions. I can remember the following versions: 18.33.14.3 and 18.33.17.1.

• How often do you see those problems?
    use987: WLAN interruptions (disconnecting and reconnecting solves the problem): several times a day.
    BSOD: sometimes several times a week, last week 6 times.

• Did you test different drivers? Please list their version.
    use987: I have tested different driver versions. I can remember the following versions: 18.33.14.3 and 18.33.17.1.

Many greetings use987

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided use987. After checking all the details, this could be an issue with the laptop model itself. If those are brand new systems present BSOD issues before and after the wireless integration, it could be an incompatible hardware, outdated firmware or a physical defect. For that reason, we recommend that you check with the laptop manufacturer for diagnostics, troubleshooting or warranty options.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos