Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 7260 Duel Band with TP-Link Router. Can only connect if network is unsecure.

LFirs
Beginner

I spent all of my free time today trying to get this WiFi adapter to work with our new router that we received. I have updated the WiFi and BlueTooth drivers along with the router firmware. I have tweaked with the adapter and router settings endlessly. I went as far as to try custom firmware on the router. All to no avail.

Yet it does work when the network security is disabled, which is nice. However it won't work when the WPS/WPS2 PSK security active. When trying to connect it will say "checking network requirements" for a short while and then it will say "unable to connect".

This WiFi adapter has successfully connected to other secure routers. And other devices have connect successfully to this router when secured.

Information:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel(R) Duel Band Wireless-AC 7260

TP-Link TL-WR841N

Adapter Settings:

802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz: 20MHz Only

802.11n Channel Width for 5.2GHz: Auto

Ad Hoc QoS Mode: WMM Enabled

HT Mode: VHT Mode

Preferred Band: No Preference

Roaming Aggressiveness: Medium

U-APSD support: Disabled

Wireless Mode: 802.11a/b/g

Router Settings:

Mode: 11b/g/n mixed

Channel Width: 20MHz

Channel: Auto

Security: WPA2-PSK

Encryption: Automatic (TKIP/AES)

Wireless MAC Filtering: Disabled

WMM: Enabled

I would like to connect to this router with this wireless adapter while the router is secured.

1 Reply
LFirs
Beginner

I resolved the issue with a workaround. I made the network invisible so that I could manually put in the security information. I have made the network visible again and it still remains connected.