Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

AC 7260 bluetooth not working / not visible in Device Manager (Windows 10)

TTACK
Beginner

Hi,

I updated Wireless Bluetooth driver to the newest version (20.70.0). Bluetooth has not been working since then. It's not even visible in Device Manager.

Everything was working great till the update.

Already tried to:

- downgrade the driver (to 20.60.0),

- reinstall newest driver,

- restart my pc.

No luck though.

My setup:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz

Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17738) (insider build)

what else can I do?

SSO log attached.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello tacek,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that your system experiences Bluetooth* issues after installing a newer version of the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth* driver. I would like to assist you.

I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17738) is currently running in your computer. When a version of Windows 10 Insider Preview is installed in a system, multiple Bluetooth* issues may occur. It is recommended to report any issue to Microsoft* and roll back to the previous version of Windows. In this case, try running Windows* 10 1803, build 17134 to resolve this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JLe4
Beginner

Hi there,

I have a problem with bluetooth also. It's often paused/interrupted while I'm using my bluetooth mice - MX Master 2S.

I'm using the same wireless card, Intel AC 7260.

My laptop is Sony Vaio Fit 14", SVF14A16SGS, with Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, build 17134).

All driver is up to date.

Is there any suggestion for that?

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james.le,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

The issue you are reporting is different. To address it correctly, please submit a new question.

We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tacek,

Were you able to revert back to the previous version of Windows 10?

If you still need any assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
HTown
Beginner

I had exactly the same problem. Even covering the Wireless disable pins (54-56) in the device did not bring it back. I believe this to be an undocumented Hardware failure of the 7260 that is why it has been discontinued. I replaced mine with the 9260 unit which is a good price and has BT5.0 and everything worked immediately showing this to be the truth....

0 Kudos