Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AC 7265 and Toshiba Satellite A660 not working

BartF
Beginner

Hello,
At the beginning I wanted to say hello because this is my first post.
I replaced the network card in Toshiba Staellite A660 with AC 7265. Windows 10 detected the card, installed drivers, according to the system, the card works properly, but I cannot turn it on. The wifi button doesn't work the hotkeys too.
Bluetooth works, however, as shown in the screenshots but looks disconnected. Reinstalling the drivers did not help, as did trying to install older versions in compatibility mode.
I have no idea what to do next. Please help.

Edit : I added a report SSU

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

BartF, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Just to confirm, you purchased the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card separately, correct?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides replacing the card and install the drivers?

What was the model of the Intel® Wireless card that came with the computer?

Why did you replace it?

At some point, did the laptop work fine with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card?

When did the issue start?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BartF
Beginner

Alberto,

thank You for wanting to help solve my problem,

What is the model of the Router? - Huawei B715, DWR-116, and mobile phone hotspots.

Is this a new computer? - No, this is an old laptop, I want to upgrade it.

Just to confirm, you purchased the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card separately, correct? - Yes

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides replacing the card and install the drivers? - No

What was the model of the Intel® Wireless card that came with the computer? - BROADCOM BCM94313HMBG

Why did you replace it? - I want to upgrade and use the bands 2.4 and 5

At some point, did the laptop work fine with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card? - No, works only Bluetooth.

When did the issue start? - From the beginning

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? - Here and here.

0 Kudos
BartF
Beginner

And another screen

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

BartF, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, when you install the wireless card separately on a laptop that is what is called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: board, Wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters antennas and the m.2 port, all those parts need to be compatible and properly connected for the optimal functionality of the Wireless connection. 

There is also regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration" that you can verify in the following links:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

So, at this point, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Toshiba to check that all the parts are fully compatible and properly connected:

https://www.toshiba.com/tai/support.jsp

Just in case, we do have Intel® Wireless kits that you can always install on your laptop since it includes all the parts that were tested as fully compatible:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201974/intel-wi-fi-6-gig-desktop-kit.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos