Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AC 8265: Does not connect to Hidden 5Ghz Wireless network - Any ideas of solution?

MRiba
Beginner

​Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop - Latest Driver installed 20.70.5.2

Connection works perfectly if network is broadcasting SSID. 300mbs, however when SSID is hidden fail to connect. Access point Linksys 300N with latest firmware.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you (a) clicking on the Unknown Network entry and then providing SSID (etc.) or (b) creating a new profile with SSID (etc.) and then waiting for it to connect automatically? If one path isn't working, try the other.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
MRiba
Beginner

​Hi Scott, thanks

(a) YES - Computer start to connect and than provide mess that cannot connect to network

(b) I did create the profile with SSID etc. It does not connect

The odd think is that when SSID is activated it connects instantly on 5Ghz

Problem does not occur on 2.4GHz. It does connect to hidden network.

Driver bug?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, I don't believe there's a driver bug. I normally keep SSIDs exposed because of a (ridiculous!) bug in my D-Link DIR-865L router (Guest Network doesn't work if private SSIDs hidden). I temporarily set it to hide the SSIDs. I then attached to the 5GHz band by clicking on the Hidden Networks entry and entering SSID (etc.) manually. On a Core m3-based Compute Stick with 8260 component, it failed to connect completely the first time (well, had no internet access). I waited about 15 second and then re-clicked on the entry and it attached and worked immediately. On NUC8i7HVK NUC with 8265 component, after providing SSID and passphrase, it connected immediately and works just fine.

So, what could be the cause. Something in your router? You never mentioned model.

...S

0 Kudos