Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AC 9260 doesn't detect bluetooth

Naeco
Beginner

Hello,

I just got a new computer with the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160Mhz and the wifi is working just fine but I can't have bluetooth as my PC says it isn't equipped with it.

I have installed all the most recent drivers and it still doesn't work.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Naeco

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

2- When did this behavior start to happen? Did it work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have the system? Please provide details.

3- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new BIOS update, Windows update, or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

4- Could you please elaborate more on what you mean by "PC says it isn't equipped with Bluetooth"? Is there any error code or error message? Is it missing from Windows® Device Manager? Do you see the Bluetooth icon in the Windows® notification area?

5- Please provide screenshots from:

• Windows® Device Manager >> Bluetooth section expanded
  • Check under Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices and review if there is any hidden or unknown device.

6- Have you checked if the Bluetooth is active/enabled in the (1) BIOS and in the (2) Windows® Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices? For assistance to check Bluetooth status on BIOS, we recommend reviewing the User's Manual of your system or contacting the Computer Manufacturer (OEM) for proper guidance.

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Naeco
Beginner

Thank you for your response. 

I have actually fixed the problem by checking inside my PC case and my seller forgot to plug the USB cable into the mother board.

It's now working fine ! 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Naeco

Thank you very much for your response and for the details on how you solved the problem. We are glad to know that after plugging the USB cable into the motherboard the Bluetooth is now working fine.

Having said that and since there are no more inquiries in the thread, we will proceed to close this question now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos