Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AC 9560 / AX200 connection problems (Gaming)

PanPan
Beginner

I can use internet on 5GHz wifi all day, watch youtube , download game from steam, but when I try to connect to game server, I lose internet every time i hit "log in" button or after login

I have try to do the ping test when play game, found that
It doesn not happen when I'm on 2.4GHz, I can log in and play Would of Warship / AOE thought Stream.
When I fail to connect with game server with 5GHz wifi, I"m still connected, but I have no internet. The weird part is I have to connect do 2.4GHz and switch back to 5GHz to restore internet access on this wifi.
It doesn't matter how far I am from router, it happens anyway even if i put my laptop next to it.
It's MSi GF63 with intel AC 9560, so I'm sure it can use 5GHz wifi.

Someone has told me to update driver or replaced a new wifi card, I hace update the driver ver and replaced a new wifi card but problem still happening.

I buy my notebook on Mar 2020, the problem is happen after windows update about Sep 2020, as before there was no problem on play game with 5G WIFI

Now i need to switch WIFI to 2.4G when I going to play game

Attached with the screen capture of Ping Test when Play Game and Intel SSU result

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 家用版(10.0.19042 Build 19042)

Intel Wifi Driver Ver: 22.0.0.6 | Date : 2020/9/17

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

The notebook came with the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card pre-install, you replace it with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card and that is the one you are currently using, correct?

Did you check with MSI directly before replacing the Intel® Wireless card to make sure it is fully compatible with their system?

If you use the Ethernet connection and test the steam application, is the problem the same when trying to connect to the game server?

You mentioned "the problem is happen after windows update about Sep 2020", by any chance, for testing purposes, do you have the option to do a rollback of Windows* to version 1909 and restore it to factory settings? We recommend before tying this step to first of all back up all the information you might have in your system and also to get in contact directly with MIS for guidance on this procedure, since there might be some restrictions related to the Windows* license:

https://us.msi.com/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes  Thanks for help

What is the model of the Router?

Asus RT AC68U Before, Now i have change Linksys EA9350 for Wifi 6 since i think is the router problem

The notebook came with the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card pre-install, you replace it with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card and that is the one you are currently using, correct?

Yes, I have try to do the test with AC9560 but have the same problem

Did you check with MSI directly before replacing the Intel® Wireless card to make sure it is fully compatible with their system?

Hardware is no problem, it is the software problem, this is not include with MSI warranty 

If you use the Ethernet connection and test the steam application, is the problem the same when trying to connect to the game server?

Yes, no any problem found

You mentioned "the problem is happen after windows update about Sep 2020", by any chance, for testing purposes, do you have the option to do a rollback of Windows* to version 1909 and restore it to factory settings? We recommend before tying this step to first of all back up all the information you might have in your system and also to get in contact directly with MIS for guidance on this procedure, since there might be some restrictions related to the Windows* license:

Sure, i have try to reset to factory default, i have use windows's reset function, after reset windows has auto update to the near ver. and I lose my back usb driver (i have do the backup usb when i buy notebook) ; otherwise, I have download windows 10 from Microsoft and re-install again, but also is the update ver. so i can't rollback to old version of windows 10

I don't know what can i do now, i think i must found out the OS backup USB driver and re-store it

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still currently working on this case, please provide the SSU report, mark the option of getting 3rd party logs as well and event log, in order for us to be able to verify further details about the components in your system:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Also, please fill the information requested in the document attached to this post so we can better assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello PanPan, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

I have re-install my windows now,

but the problem still happening, i have no idea now

attached with update SSU log file

hope the problem can be solved

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Just to let you know, there are new Intel® drivers available on our web site that were released recently, so, what we can try is a clean installation of those drivers following the instructions in the link below, please install Intel® Wireless driver version 22.10.0:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30057/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=189347

And then, Intel® Bluetooth driver version 22.10.0, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30061/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=189347

If the problem persists after trying to install those drivers, please fill the form attached to this post and provide the SSU report with the updates.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello PanPan, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes 

Thanks for your help

I have install the update drvier

I am use 5G for internet is no problem, but i haven't check on the gaming issue

if have any problem or result , i will keep update in this post

Thanks again for your help

Attached with the update SSU report

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those updates and the SSU report.

Perfect, it is great to hear that "I am use 5G for internet is no problem", and yes, go ahead and take your time to test the gaming issue and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, I just wanted to check if you were able to do the tests on the gaming issue and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello PanPan, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes 

Sorry, i forgot my account password before

I have test the gaming again but the disconnect problem still happening

I have test stream before, this time i have test Epic Game also, but the problem is same

But the disconnect problem of ping result is timeout about 10 times and then connect 5 times

Still can't play game with 5G network

attached with update ssu report

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, No problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know those updates and for providing the updated SSU report.

We are sorry to hear the problem persists, we will continue with our research on this matter and as soon as I get any information I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello PanPan, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this topic, could you please provide a picture of the Intel® Wireless Card and the antennas and how it is connected? This is in order for us to confirm how it is connected to the board.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

that mean i need open my laptop base and take the photo on wifi card, right ?

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

Attached with photo

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, Thank you very much for sharing the picture.

Based on the photo, it seems that the Intel® Wireless card is properly connected and so are the antennas.

So, in this case, first, please make sure that the Encryption Method in Windows* is set to WPA2 - Home.

In the link below you will find the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings in order to try the following troubleshooting steps:

Change the Wireless Mode or HT Mode to: "802.11ax enables 802.11ax data rates"

Change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz"

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Sometimes there is a firmware update available for the Router, did you check with the manufacturer of it to verify if that is the case for this unit in order to install it? Once you get in contact directly with them, please also gather the instructions on how to change the channel in the Router settings, since the one that you are currently using might have a lot of interference:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes 

Hi,

Happy to say, the problem have solved

I have check my computer's setting

Change the Wireless Mode or HT Mode to: "802.11ax enables 802.11ax data rates"

Default already set " 802.11ax

Change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz"

Has change from "Auto" to 20MHz"

The gaming problem has solved

but the wireless speed has drop from 6XX Mbps to 2XX Mbps 

is this normal ?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

PanPan, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent it is great to hear that the problem with the games is solved and now they are working properly. 

You asked, "but the wireless speed has drop from 6XX Mbps to 2XX Mbps, is this normal?", Yes, it is normal based on the changes done from "Auto" to "20 MHz. So, in theory, now you should be able to change the channel width again to a higher value and the games should still work without any issues.

Please try that and let us know the results once you get the chance.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos