Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AC-9560 Keeps Saying "Connected, No Internet" - Other Adapters/Devices Work Fine

DKong
Beginner

My PC has an integrated AC-9560 (Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi motherboard), and am running Windows 10.

After being connected to the wireless network for a while (especially with sustained network file transfers) the wifi connection icon in the tray will have a yellow exclamation point and will say that the network has no internet access (still connected to the local network - but cannot access the internet). Disconnecting and reconnecting from the AP doesn't help.

While this PC is having issues, other devices including phones, tablets, other PCs with Intel 7260 wifi cards (running Win 7) can all still connect to the network and access the internet fine. Even on the same computer if I switch to a USB wifi adapter on the Realtek chipset it works fine.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers, updating to the latest drivers (20.120), downgrading to the most recent drivers on the Gigabyte site (20.110.0.3). This happens on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands.

Any help will be appreciated - I'm tearing my hair out.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DKong, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Please try the following: 1 - Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and type "cmd" into the search bar. You'll see the Command Prompt app as the best match at the top of the list. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue. 2 - A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “netsh winsock reset” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”. 3 - Restart your computer. Once back on, please test the connection once more and see if it can connect to the internet now. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

Hi David - Thanks for your reply.

Have tried it , but unfortunately the problem persists.

After resetting it functions as normal (network and internet connectivity) but after some sustained network load the yellow exclamation mark appears again.

Again, if I switch to using a USB wireless adapter (on the same PC) it is able to maintain continuous connectivity even under sustained loads.

Another thing I noticed is that if it comes up with the exclamation mark while connected to my 5GHz network, I can switch over to the 2.4GHz and it will work for a time too before the mark appears on my 2.4GHz network as well.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DKong, Thank you for your response. I would like to try with a clean installation of the wireless drivers, this step will let us first get rid of any possible corrupted driver and then install the latest driver. Please follow the steps in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Your latest driver is in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28241/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99446 Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

Thanks. Tried that...unfortunately still no dice - 5GHz still drops internet connectivity after a while.

However 2.4GHz might be ok (so far its stayed fully connected for longer than the 5GHz did..but it's only been a few hours.)

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DKong, Thank you for your response. Let me know if the 2.4GHz is still working, also, I would like to try checking the recommended settings for 802.11ac. Please check the link below and make sure that all the settings are set properly: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

I've only been using 2.4 since my last post - 2.4 seems to be working stably - no dropouts since.

Have just had a look at the recommended AC settings, the current settings on my PC match those given on the page.

Will switch to AC and report back.

0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

No luck. Just dropped out on 5GHz again.

0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

Hmm 2.4 just dropped out - I guess it just took a lot longer to do so

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DKong, Thank you for your response. Could you please provide me with an System Support Utility report? this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

Hi David - I've attached the SSU report.

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DKong, Thank you for your response. I have been reviewing the information in the report you have attached but everything seems to be in order. Up to this point what I can recommend you to do is to contact Gigabyte directly since this issue could be related to the hardware. They would replace the unit if it was necessary, but from any software/driver point there does not seem to be any problem. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DKong
Beginner

Hi David,

Since the last posts I remembered something similar happening quite a while ago on a laptop which had the Intel 5100AGN Wifi card.

Basically if I hibernated a few times time (eg using it for a week with only hibernating each day rather than shutting down) when I turned it on it would either be unable to connect to Wifi, connect with "no internet", or connect and drop out shortly after.

For the past week and a half I've been shutting down my PC each day rather than hibernating and so far haven't experienced any of the previous drop out issues except for once where I put it to sleep a few times in a 3 day period.

I also checked local network connectivity when it does drop out - although it says local network no internet, local network isn't accessible.

Is there anything else I should be checking/trying in light of this extra information?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DKong, Thank you for your response. It is important to make sure that the BIOS of the system is up-to-date, as well as check with the system manufacturer to check if they have settings that affect the power of when the system goes to sleep or hibernate, something could affect the wireless adapter when waking up again. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MSarr3
Beginner

Hi there,

I would be interested to see if there was a final solution with this.

I have the same issue with the same wifi card in my Razer Blad 15.

I have only had the laptop for a month or so and have been going crazy with this issue.

I have tried many many solutions with no avail.

The connection seems to just come back after a while and no solution ever seems to work more than once.

I have a wifi mesh network but no other device in my house has any issues including my previous laptop.

It used to fix the issue if I connected to a different wifi extender which did not even have internet access and connect back to my normal network but that stopped working after a while.

Connecting a usb wifi reciever and unplugging it seems to fix the issue but it will drop out again in the next day or so.

I am at the point where I am considering replacing the wifi card myself as I do not have the luxury of sending my machine out anywhere which I use for work.

Any help or updates would be appreciated as this is the only place online I have found someone with the same issue.

Cheers,

M

0 Kudos
DS-sama
Beginner
I just bought a new AC 9560 1600Mhz wifi card for my ASRock J5005-itx motherbord and I get the same problem... I have even spoken to the manufacturer of the motherbord and they tell me that the card is supported and I know that the motherbord works with other model of wifi cards but this is the only one that is giving me a headache... I have the latest windows updates and drivers for the wifi card.... Please help!
0 Kudos
CrystalJag
Novice

I have an Intel AC-9260, with the exact same problem. I use both 2.4 and 5 GHz, same problem on either one. Settings are fine, no other devices in the house have this issue.

0 Kudos
CrystalJag
Novice

This is an old thread, but I bought my AC-9260 last week, and was having the identical issue. It seems to be resolved by setting MIMO Power Save to "No SMPS" in Advanced driver settings.

From https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless.html:

MIMO power save mode

MIMO power save mode, also known as spatial multiplexing power save (SMPS) mode, allows the client to save power by keeping one antenna in a receive idle state.

• Auto SMPS (default): The client decides automatically what SMPS mode to apply depends on different conditions.
  • Dynamic SMPS: The client keeps only one antenna active. The access point (AP) must send request to send (RTS) packet to trigger the client to wake the sleeping radios/antenna before sending MIMO packets.
  • Static SMPS: The client keeps only one antenna active and the AP cannot send MIMO packets to the client.
  • No SMPS: The client always keeps all antennas active and the AP can send MIMO packets to the client.
Note Some legacy APs may have compatibility issue with supporting the SMPS mode and may cause various link quality problems such as low throughput. Change this setting to No SMPS may help to work around the issue
0 Kudos