Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

AC8260 can not connect to wifi network - urgent, please help

dyong2
Beginner

Hi I have a DELL Precision 5520 laptop running windows 10 enterprise version. I recently get a new ATT NVG599 modem, I can not connect to the home wifi network. It sees the wifi network but just wont connect. I tried several ways and even asked ATT to send me another dual band DSL router. Please help, I am a tech guy and I tried following:

- reboot router/laptop

- change wifi to open network

- change adapter parameters

- scan for updated driver

- talk to ATT support

I know router is ok because I have other laptops and iphone connect to this wifi without any problem, and this laptop worked with previous DSL modem (2wire single band) with out problem, though at lower speed.

Is it possible the adapter driver need some change or parameter tuning?

Appreciate any help.

Dave

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dave_young_99,

We understand that you're experiencing connection issues on your Dell* Precision 5520 laptop using a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.

In order to better assist you, we would like to gather some more information. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility and share the resulting report with us.To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Additionally, we would like to know the following:

- Was the system able to connect to the wireless network before, or did the problem start with the new router?

- Is the router transmitting the wireless network in 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both bands? If so, do you get the same results on both bands?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dave_young_99,

We haven't heard from you since the original post and we would like to know if you're still experiencing connection issues on your Dell* laptop.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos