Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC9560 wifi could prevent computer shut-down

ECesa1
Beginner

I need your help about "first-time" problem

here's my configuration:

-H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi (BIOS F11)

-Intel core i5 8600k

-Cooler Noctua NH-U12S (double fan)

-2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport PC4-19200

-GPU GTX 1050 Ti Zotac ZT-P10510A-10L (drivers updated)

-SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB

-HD Western Digital Blue 2TB

-HD Western Digital Red 3TB

-PSU Seasonic focus+ gold 650

-case: cooler master N300

-fans: 140 noctua front intake, 120 noctua back exhaust and 120 cooler master top exhaust

-Windows 10 pro x64

My system usually works fine, temps and voltage (load and idle) are very good.

Yesterday I tried to turn pc off: after windows' notices screen went black but fans and case leds kept on working. Usually system takes not more than 5 seconds to turn itself off, so after 2 minutes I reboot PC by reset switch (maybe i had to wait something more). The system worked fine so I looked at Windows "event viewer" and no critical message was shown. Last event about previous boot: "Operative System stopped at system time..." (false), also other events were good. The only one strange event during shutting down session was about AC9560 intel wifi adapter: error Ntwtw08 id-5002 "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz: network adapter isn't working properly". There are several error about wifi adapter, especially since I updated latest driver 20.120.0 few days ago. This driver is weird: 30 MB vs 200MB of the previous versions and during installation just blue wifi-logo popped up (the driver installed itself fastly and without notification); other times there were all the Intel (long) installation process. So I rolled back to the previous version but I'm not sure it could be the problem.

Could a driver or a network card prevent shut-down without notification? I'm little scared about something more worrying like motherboard problem or PSU (I purchased Seasonic Focus new 2 months ago, swapping from Thermaltake Berlin ).

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello ECesa1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Does the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 come pre-installed on the system? • Do you have the same behavior if you use the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) divers? See reference link below. • Do you have the same behavior if you test the Intel wireless driver Version: 20.110.0? See reference link below. Reference links: H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI drivers ( if you need assistance to complete the updates on the system please contact the OEM) https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H370-AORUS-GAMING-3-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-driver-wlanbt Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=99446 Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
fenixen
Beginner

Got the same problem, im not able to restart the computer every time i get the red X in wifi adapter bug.. Intel said they fixed it in the 20.120 patch, but i still got it.

There are 6 available wireless networks, still the computer says 0 after long sleep.

red x.jpg

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello fenixen Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. I recommend creating a new thread to isolate you case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detail information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello ECesa1 Have you tried the installation of the drivers? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello ECesa1 I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos