Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7849 Discussions

AX1650X Refuses to connect to 2.4Ghz

Toalie
Beginner

Hi,

Having tried all solutions that I can locate online, I am posting here as a hopeful last resort.

My XPS 15 7590 with the above wifi adapter connects perfectly to any 5Ghz signal, and though it can see all 2.4Ghz networks it will not connect to them.  From what I can see I have the adapter settings all set as would be suggested, not giving priority to 5Ghz and having everthing set to use dual frequency.  All I am met with is 'Unable to connect to this network'.

I have been round the houses, removing the Killer software to see if that helps, and now have it reinstalled.  My home dual-bands have different SSIDs, and other devices can connect to either band without issue. 

Let me know if there are any reports that I can run and post back with that might help.

Many thanks

Toalie

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This sounds suspiciously like you have a broken or disconnected 2.4GHz antenna. The 5GHz band uses a separate antenna from that supporting the 2.4GHz band (which also supports Bluetooth, since it too utilizes 2.4GHz).

For starters, check your antenna connections.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Toalie
Beginner

Thanks Scott. Will take a look at the connections - hopefully you are right

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Toalie,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I realize how complicated this situation is for you.

I would like to know if you were able to check your antenna connections. Let me know if your issue with the 2.4GHZ band persists. I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Toalie, 

I am getting back to you because I would like to confirm if your issue where you could not connect to the 2.4GHz band persists. I would appreciate it if you let me know if further support is needed.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Toalie,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Toalie
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry - busy over Christmas.

The problem still does persist, though I have not yet opened the machine up to check the antenna connection as suggested by the initial reply.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos