Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7552 Discussions

AX1675x 210NGW 6GHz Wi-Fi Connection Issues

HaynousT
Beginner

Hello,

I am a professional wireless network engineer troubleshooting an issue with a Windows 11 (version 22H2) laptop equipped with an Intel Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW) with driver version 23.20.0.4 (driver date Nov. 29, 2023), connecting to a Mist AP45 running firmware version 0.14.29132. The laptop connects fine to 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, but does not probe or make any attempt to connect to my 6GHz network. It is a WPA3/SAE network transmitting at 17dBm from the AP using a 160MHz channel with primary channel 197. A promiscuous wireless packet capture reveals no probe or association request, while a working Pixel 8 probes, associates, and gets DHCP just fine from the same location for the 6GHz SSID. There are no other 6GHz networks in range and no congestion. Even less than 10 feet away from the AP, the SSID does not appear in the list. The laptop is an MSI GE66 Raider.

Please provide troubleshooting assistance for this issue and let me know what information you need from my side. I am a CWNE, CCNP, and ACMX certified wireless network engineer and can provide detailed information, packet captures, etc.

Note the following netsh output collected from the laptop indicating the presence of a colocated AP on channel 197:

C:\Users\Admin>netsh wlan show interfaces

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name : Wi-Fi
Description : Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW)
GUID : dc9707c4-b40f-4158-a6f9-5f07bda5cd79
Physical address : 28:d0:ea:3b:f7:f9
Interface type : Primary
State : connected
SSID : Ti
BSSID : ac:23:16:e9:e9:91
Colocated APs: : 1
BSSID: ac:23:16:e9:e9:81, Band: 6 GHz , Channel: 197
Network type : Infrastructure
Radio type : 802.11ax
Authentication : WPA3-Personal
Cipher : CCMP
Connection mode : Auto Connect
Band : 5 GHz
Channel : 132
Receive rate (Mbps) : 408
Transmit rate (Mbps) : 29
Signal : 78%
Profile : Ti

Hosted network status : Not available

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Thank you for letting us know and I would like to apologize for the delay in our response. We have additional questions so we can provide the correct resolution, please share the following details: 

1. Is the laptop able to connect to the 6Ghz wireless before? 
  2. I am seeing three variation of the MSI GE66 Raider, to make sure we have the right specification, kindly please run this tool on your system: Intel System Support utility at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html and send us the .txt file 
  3. Are there other devices connected to the 6Ghz of your network? 
  4. Are you seeing any yellow bang in the device manager for the wireless adapter?

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

We were just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let us know about this information so we can take the next steps needed to solve this issue. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
HaynousT
Beginner

Thanks for your response and your patience.

1. This is our first attempt to connect this laptop to any 6GHz network, so it has never been successfully connected yet on this frequency band. 5GHz and 2.4GHz work fine.

2. Attached msi-ax1675x.txt.

3. Yes, a Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro both connect fine.

4. There are no yellow bangs on the network adapter in the device manager.

I have tried changing the channel (5, 37, 53, 197, 213) and channel width (40MHz, 80MHz, 160MHz), and created multiple SSIDs with different security types (802.1X, SAE, OWE). None of this has resulted in a positive connection. In fact, none of the SSIDs ever even appear in the list of wireless networks.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi HaynousT,

Thank you for the details you have shared. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. 

Nonetheless, I have checked your SSU details and found out that you are using our generic driver for Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675. However, we strongly suggest that you use the configured driver of your OEM, as it is the most compatible driver version for your device. As such, kindly please update your driver version on this link: 

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE66-Raider-11UX/support?sub_product=GE66-Raider-11UE#driver.

Once you go on the link, click on Wireless LAN and download version 22.40.0.7 of the Killer Wireless LAN Driver

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello HaynousT, 

I am just checking in if the driver update was able to fix your issue. If you are still experiencing the issue, kindly please let us know so we can check for other troubleshooting steps. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello HaynousT, 

I am just checking in if the driver update was able to fix your issue. If you are still experiencing the issue, kindly please let us know so we can check for other troubleshooting steps. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi HaynousT,

As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos