Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AX1675x not seeing 6Ghz band network for wifi. Other bands work fine.

Mudslideyo
Beginner

Hello,

I have seen other post but not for this specific model.  I have a newer Dell PC running Windows 11 Pro with a Killer Wifi 6E AX1675X wifi but it is unable to detect the 6Ghz band with the latest driver's version 22.130.0.5.  Other bands work successfully.  

Is this a known issue as well for the AX1675X?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Can you recall any hardware or software changes before the issue started?
  • What is the model of your router?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if the issue is also present in other 6GHz networks?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner
Hello

The issue has always been there since I received the PC from Dell. I am using the Xfinity XB8 modem with 6E for internet.

No new parts have been added or replaced.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

I appreciate the information provided.

There is a newer Intel driver for wireless, driver version 22.150.0. Since the driver from your OEM fails to connect to the 6GHz network, try installing this generic driver. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers. If you want to try it, here is the link to download the installation file:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

Hello,

I have tried the updated drivers and it didn't solve my issue.  The best I can still connect to is 5Ghz.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
dedalos99
Beginner

i have a similar issue i have the killer wifi 6e AX1675X 160 mhz, and cant see the 6e network My router is Asus GT-AXE 16000. I went back and fourth with tech support from Asus no result found. Resent i bought a cell phone Google pixel 8 pro. And i was able to connect to 6e network on the Router. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
GeoAut
Beginner

Hi, at the end I gave up. It turned out that the 6GHz is even worse than 5GHz behind my thick wall. I could reach 1700 mbps  on 5, only measly 800-900 mbps on 6. I bought an ethernet cable, the router and the PC both can 2,5gbps, and now I have 130MBps file transfer between them instead of 60-80 MBps with wifi.

In the same room, though, the samsung galaxy S22 ultra can reach easily 2400 mbps on 6GHz, but it is the same speed on 5GHz, so Wifi 6E is only a gimmick in my opinion, switching to windows 11 for it was the worst and costliest mistake...

0 Kudos
GregKl
Beginner

Hi, I am having the same problem; have you fixed your issue? If you did, how? I have the same wifi Killer Wifi 6E AX1675X and have updated it to 22.150.0 but it's still the same;  I could use 6Ghz prior to the update but it was intermittent; on and off. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

Hello,  I have not yet resolved my issue.  Still hoping Intel can fix.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

Thanks for your response. I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Since the issue persists even after installing the latest Intel driver, I recommend performing a clean installation of the latest OEM wireless driver. Please, follow the steps listed below:

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/xps-8950-desktop/drivers

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center and driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters that the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Apps and Features' for removal. It means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 

2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 

3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 

4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH drivers downloaded in step 1 Restart the computer. 

Reconnect to the Internet. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

Are you suggesting that doing a clean install of my video drivers will allow my wifi to connect to the 6Ghz band?

0 Kudos
GregKl
Beginner

have you tried installing the old drivers:  (22.45.1.1)

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1341116#M39195

didn't work for me but you might have more luck 

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

I also tried this and it didn't work for me.  Pushing on Intel to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GregKl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Please submit a new question on the Wireless community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
GregKl
Beginner

I did see 6Ghz in my wifi briefly but when I wanted to connect to it, it would not, and then it disappeared. Please confirm if doing a clean install of my video drivers will allow my wifi to connect to the 6Ghz band. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

I do apologize for my mistake. Here are the correct clean installation steps for the wireless driver:

• Download and save the driver (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/xps-8950-desktop/drivers)

• Disconnect the unit to the internet.

• Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand the Network Adapters category.

3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

• Restart your computer.

• Install the driver downloaded before

Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded, and select the option to Run as administrator.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

Hello,

I have tried this and get the same result I did before on these version of the drivers.  Works for 2.4 and 5 but no 6 Ghz band.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

First, I recommend installing our latest driver for our latest Intel® Killer™ product. Previously I recommended our generic driver for our wireless product; however, we have one dedicated to our Killer products. Please, try installing the driver, and let me know the outcome.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

You can also try the following:

• If possible. Try using another Access Point.
  • Check if your router has the latest FW and if there is an option to enable Wi-Fi 6GHz on your modem settings.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

When I try to install the driver, I get the following error message.  Also, my router/modem is provided by the ISP which is Xfinity XB8.

Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD cannot be installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mudslideyo,

I appreciate your response.

You should check with your ISP if your router has the latest FW and if there is an option to enable Wi-Fi 6GHz on your modem settings.

This error message appears due to updating or upgrading to Windows 11 or an incomplete Windows Update installation. To solve it, please try the following:

Steps to uninstall the default Intel® Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD:

• Open the Run menu by pressing the Windows icon + R on the keyboard
  • Type appwiz.cpl then press Enter or click OK
  • Locate the Intel® Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD
  • Select the Intel® Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD and uninstall it
  • Restart the system.

Steps to Install Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite:

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos