Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 WiFi Issues

nvitius
Beginner

I have two different computers with an AX200 WiFi card. Both of them are having similar issues: the device will either not start (Code 10) or will stop shortly after starting (Code 43).

Both of these cards are brand new and I haven't been able to get either to work.

Some detail on the systems:

PC #1

- Gigabyte Z590I Vision D

- Intel i9 11900k

- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (comes with motherboard- preinstalled)

- Windows 11

PC #2

- Asus WS Z390 Pro

- Intel i9 9900k

- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Asus AX3000 PCI card)

Notes about the issues I'm having:

- I have tried with the latest drivers from intel (22.80.1.1) on both systems

- I have tried with the recommended drivers from the manufacturers (22.70.0.6 on Gigabyte MB, 21.40.2.2 on Asus card)

- Bluetooth works on both devices. Only the Wi-Fi connection does not.

- I have tried fully uninstalling all drivers for the cards

Here are some of the errors I'm seeing in the Windows Event Viewer:

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Could not allocate the resources necessary for operation.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The version number is incorrect for this driver.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

- Miniport Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz, {ea977ec6-6125-4dc7-af29-7d8f930b271c}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error

Most of these errors are coming from `netwtw10`. The last one on the list is from `NDIS`

I've attached an SSU scan and also exports from Event Viewer for the AX200 card, as well as all the System events from when I was working on this last night. These are all from the Gigabyte machine, as it is easier for me to work on this one.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

nvitius, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is the Gigabyte PC a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was the Intel® Wireless card AX200 working fine before on this machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Just to confirm, the wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

If that is the case, did you install the wireless card on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nvitius
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel 

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

The router on my home network is an ASUS AC1900. Though I don't think that's relevant now, as I haven't been able to attempt a connection yet.

The Gigabyte PC is a new computer. I built it last month. The Wi-Fi card came with the motherboard pre-installed.

The Asus one I built almost two years ago. Though the Wi-Fi card on it is brand new. I purchased it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

On both machines, I had never tried using the Wi-Fi until this week; I always had them connected to ethernet. I have used the Bluetooth on both of them though.

I haven't made any hardware changes to either computer. I did upgrade the Gigabyte one to Windows 11 last week, but the Asus one is on Windows 10 still.

I purchased and installed the wireless card on the Asus machine. I have confirmed that the card is installed correctly. The Gigabyte one is pre-installed.

I am experiencing these issues in a home/personal office environment.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

nvitius, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Since we are working with two different platforms and the scenarios are different even though the issue is similar on both, we will try to fix the problem related to the Gigabyte PC first, and then we can continue working with the ASUS machine.

Based on the SSU report, as you mentioned, currently the wireless driver installed is on the Gigabyte PC version 22.80.1.1., which is the latest one provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax200

Just to let you know, the Intel® wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your computer. For that reason, we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Gigabyte's website, and the latest wireless driver they have available is version 22.70.0.6, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z590I-VISION-D-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Additionally, we advise to get in contact directly with Gigabyte support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your system or to gather the instructions on how to do that, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

In order for us to continue working with the ASUS computer, do you have the option to provide the SSU report from that device?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nvitius
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel 

I mentioned this in my original post, but I have already tried with the drivers on the Gigabyte support site. Since they were updated earlier this month, I thought perhaps they would have fixed the issue. I had the same results though.

I've also reached out to Gigabyte support, but have yet to hear back from them. My BIOS version is up to date as are all my chipset drivers.

I will run SSU on the Asus computer and post the results here.

Were you able to look through the event logs that I provided earlier? There's some info in there about the exact errors that the Wi-Fi card is throwing when it fails.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

nvitius, Thank you very much for confirming those aspects.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after installing the drivers provided by Gigabyte.

Were you able to look through the event logs that I provided earlier?, Yes, of course. We will now do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello nvitius, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this case and even though we already tried different troubleshooting steps, could you please verify the link below and let us know if you tried all the recommendations showing in there?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nvitius
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel 

I came across that document when originally debugging the issue. I followed all the steps on there but wasn't able to resolve anything that way.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

nvitius, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We will continue with our research on this matter, once I get more updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello nvitius, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, at this point pretty much you tried all the troubleshooting steps we recommend for this scenario. So, the next thing to do in this case will be to get in contact directly with Gigabyte to report this scenario, to verify if they can reproduce the issue using the same exact machine you are using, if they have a fix for it, if a physical inspection of the computer is needed and for further assistance on this matter, warranty options may apply in this situation since the problem could be related to a hardware component in the machine.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos