Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7774 Discussions

AX200 and Bluetooth not Working

Kyuh
Beginner

Recently I tried connecting my AirPods to my Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth but when I tried to manage my Bluetooth devices, it said Bluetooth was unavailable. Now I know Bluetooth should be available since I had used it a couple of months prior. 

I went into device manager and my Intel Bluetooth drivers had Code 39 and Access Denied. So I went and tried to repair my drivers, and then also tried to completely reinstall them. However, both times, nothing with my Bluetooth drivers had changed.

I then tried downloading Intel Driver Support Assistant and it told me to update both my AX200 drivers and my Bluetooth drivers. So I did both and restarted but there were more problems than before. I didn't even have internet access anymore and it didn't even say Wi-Fi was available. I went into device manager and it gives me Code 3. The only way I can get my internet to work again is by reverting back to drivers from 2019. But the Bluetooth remains unchanged, even when I try to revert to older drivers that had formerly worked.

Does anyone know what I should do about this?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

From Microsoft:

Code 39

Full Error Message

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Recommended Resolution

Reinstall the device driver manually

1. From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.

2. Right-click the device in the list.

3. Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.

4. After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.

5. Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Note You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver.  If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s website.

Bluetooth needs to be turned on thru settings in Windows 10 to operate. The problem may also be that the maker of the laptop is using proprietary drivers, several makers of pc's and laptops do this, so you have to use their drivers on the support page for your model of pc or laptop.

You can also use trouble shooters in windows 10 to try and fix your internet or Bluetooth problems.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Kyuh,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the Microsoft article for Error Code 3: “The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)”

Please try the steps recommended by @3Fees as well, since those are based on the same Microsoft support article (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows-524e9e89-4dee-8883-0afa-6bca0456324e)

If the issue persists, please try the following:

Perform a clean installation of both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers. We always recommend using the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM), since those drivers are customized for your device. Otherwise, you can use our latest generic drivers.

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Kyuh
Beginner
I tried both and it still wasn’t fixed. So I thought that it might be a hardware issue. I ended up swapping out the WiFi Card for a newer model but the issue still persists.

Are there any other solutions I can try?

I’ve also updated my BIOS to no avail.
0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Who is the manufacturer ?

Is this a laptop  or desktop ?

What is the model number ?

Is 200AX original  equipment or an upgrade ?

What is the driver number that worked and the one that didn't work ?

Who is the maker of the chipset ?   Intel or AMD

CPUID-CPU-Z has lots of information on it about the internal components of a pc. CPU, Mainboard, Memory, Serial Presence Detect(SPD) and graphics

mainboard tab lists- manufacturer , model, Bus specifications , chipset and southbridge maker, series, and revision.  The more information you provide the better it is.

Bluetooth by default is turned off, one has to turn it on to get any bluetooth connectivity and then there is paired and accept protocol for bluetooth to work.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Kyuh
Beginner
I was formerly using a a Ubit PCIe adapter but swapped to a TP-link Archer TX3000E.

I’m using a desktop.

I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

AX200 is the original. I swapped it out for a TP-link AX210.

I don’t have access to the internet currently on my PC.
0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

AX 210 runs the 6GHz band which can only be accessed thru using a 6E router, 6E tech is not old hat,,  801.11ad for instance got skipped and now its ax.. 

I'd go back to what worked 200ax and obit adapter,, 200AX is quite capable like up to 2.4Gbs on 5 band @ 160mhz-- thats like medium fiber optic speed.

It could be the adapter the problem or a driver to drive 6GHz band, hard to tell.

I'm running 201ax which has cnvi adapter not pcie like 200ax and 210ax and have a wifi 6 router coming in, 6E tech is costly right now and not mainstream whereas wifi 6 is taking over from  wifi 5 ac right now yet it will be a while.

The other problem is watch the security on the adapter and the router if they differ --no internet-- eg adapter defaults to ax setting psa3 while your router is ac- psa2- the security protocols must be the same psa2 router- adapter must be psa2,, router wif 6 psa3 adapter ax-psa3 good to go. deleting the adapter- the OSes will copy the setting from the router and when they equal--good to wifi-so long as the equipment and driver is good.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Kyuh
Beginner
The issue is prevalent on both the AX200 and AX210. There seems to be a “corrupt driver” but regardless of what I do the driver (reinstalling and complete clean installation) the driver issue persists.
0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

"the issue is prevalent on both the AX200 and AX210. There seems to be a “corrupt driver” but regardless of what I do the driver (reinstalling and complete clean installation) the driver issue persists. "

Download the latest AMD chipset drivers and install, this could be the problem outdated chipset drivers.

Cheers

3fees

0 Kudos
Kyuh
Beginner
0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

What motherboard are you running ?  What is the chipset ? name and version.

One thing I know about AMD their more costly boards have there better chipsets in them with more features, it is a known fact that showing up in Sunnyvale, Cal. and buying directly from them got the best boards, their chipsets in a lot of boards tend to be on the economy side a lot with higher end features turned off or run their very hard to get software.

Have you seen any pcie x4 wifi card pcie slot boards sold by AMD this would be your best bet.

Here is an example of this. I bought a HP 17" laptop with AMD processor and chipset, the Chipset said SATA 3, so I installed a Samsung Pro 850 w 10 yr warranty into it ,the  Chipset at times would run the 850 pro at Sata 3 yet most of the time ran it at Sata 2, I had in stalled the latest drivers from AMD and still defaulted to SATA 2, I looked into the chipset and they said SATA 3 and were selling at $5 everywhere, so the moral of this story is if your going AMD get the highest end board with the most expensive chipset for all the features. further AMD tends to favor the components they have there name on them with AMD Chipset boards.

I retired the HP 17" AMD laptop and bought a MSI Intel processor and chipset.

AMD has forums as well, post in there the issue, can run your pc by hard wire until this is sorted out.

I have a wifi 6 router in bound today for my laptop  MSI ---- Intel genuine AX201 Wifi 6 card.

Have a Nice day

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@3Fees Are you trying to help, or are you running adverts for CPUID?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Not quite.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response and information provided @Kyuh

Please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Please check the following article regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos