Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AX200 bluetooth not working

Lowers
Beginner
Hello,
I recently purchased a gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX motherboard which has an Intel ax200 network card pre-installed. I have attached the supplied dual antenna and the WiFi works fine but there is no Bluetooth option in Windows 10, there is no Bluetooth device in device manager and when I try to install drivers the only option I have (under custom installation) is for USB drivers.

I have used a completely fresh install of Windows 10 with nothing else installed and 3 differer drivers:
Attempt 1 - drivers automatically installed by windows on first boot.
Attempt 2 - upgraded drivers to those provided by motherboard manufacturer
Attempt 3 - upgrade drivers to the latest from Intel.

In all cases I tried typical installation and looking into the custom installation where I only had the option for USB drivers.

I have also searched for hidden devices in device manager and there is no Bluetooth device shown.

What could be the next steps to get Bluetooth operational?

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you install the Intel Bluetooth driver? So we can see more about you system, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Lowers
Beginner

Thanks for your response Scott,

Yes the latest Intel Drivers were installed and i had previously checked this through the tool you recommended.

I have somehow actually managed to fix this issue. I have tried to remember and I cannot think of doing anything between the time I last checked (and it wasn't working) until i started up the computer today (and it worked) except moving the PC and disconnecting it from the mains power. And if anyone was wondering, yes i had restarted the PC at least once after I installed the drivers.

I know this sounds strange but i cannot think of anything else I have done. This 'fix' also seems similar to the experience of this person:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=257478

Sorry i cannot provide more evidence but i can confirm the bluetooth and Wifi work really well now and I would consider this question closed.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Just out of curiosity, do you remember going into BIOS and making any changes regarding the wireless card, or built-in network settings? I know it seems counterintuitive, but for some reason some motherboards and some laptops come with certain features disabled. I don't understand why something important would be turned off and require user action to activate it, but I have seen this more than once.

Also, do you remember if you updated the motherboard BIOS? Frequently motherboards will be sold with an initial version of BIOS at the time it was manufactured, but there may be multiple newer versions available by the time the motherboard is installed and used.

0 Kudos
Lowers
Beginner

I though the same thing but couldn't find any such settings in the BIOS, this is part of the reason i am confident i restarted the computer after installing the drivers because i definitely did this check. The only thing i could find was to disable the card as a whole (i think) but the WiFi was working fine without changing any BIOS settings.

I did update the BIOS but the fresh install of windows came afterwards. It's interesting you mention this though, I also raised  this issue with the motherboard manufacturer and their first proposal was a new BIOS which had been released just a couple of days prior and i'd missed. But by this point i already had the bluetooth working. I have updated to this new BIOS since and bluetooth is still going strong.

0 Kudos