Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AX200 cant connect to ax network

zZKubiKZz
Beginner

I have intel ax200 card and asus ax88u router. 

If i use mixed n/ac/ax mode it working in ac , if i change to ax only mode in the router i cant connect to network anymore. I can still see it but it says "cant connect to this network". 

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

I also contacted ASUS support and it is probably issue in router firmware(but dont know for sure due to slow support, and dont have any other ax devices to check)

It is not a new desktop pc. Most recent hardware change was a card installation. I bought card and router a few weeks ago and it works like that from the start. 

It doesnt work in ax even if antennas of card and router 50 cm close.  

I have ASUS Z370-G Gaming motherboard , Windows 10 64 bit 2004 19041.329 build.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Do you have the option to connect the computer to a different Router or Access Point?

Is the Bluetooth feature working?

Did you install the firmware update recommended by ASUS?

Did you purchase the Intel® Wireless card as a kit that includes antennas, brackets and the PCIe card, or you purchase all those components separately?

Please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

I check the specifications of the Router and it does support the ax protocol, so, the problem might be related to the settings or even compatibility between the parts, which in that case we suggest to contact ASUS directly for them to verify if the Router is working with the optimal settings for the Wireless connection and if it is fully compatible with the Intel® Wireless card:

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AX88U/specifications/

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

Yes i can connect to any non ax access point and to asus ax88u if its not in ax only mode. 

All other function except ax work fine both in card and router. 

I tried different firmware including that one that support sent me. 

AX200 card is an asus ax58bt kit. 

As i said earlier the problem might be in router firmware. I found some information that the problem like mine was solved "after some manipulation with router firmware in service center". 

At this moment i waiting for asus support after sending them info from the router.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for sharing those details and the report.

Everything seems to be correct with the SSU report and the components being used.

Regarding purchasing the Intel® Wireless card as an ASUS kit, by any chance do you still have the box where it came in? If you do, please provide a picture of it or if it is possible a link so we can check the components that are included in the kit.

In reference to the firmware update of the Router, we understand that you are waiting for the response from ASUS support, so take your time in trying that, the thread will remain open and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

I have that one - https://www.asus.com/ru/Networking/PCE-AX58BT/

Complectation like on pic except US hotline card.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for for providing the picture.

Perfect, once you get the chance go ahead and install the firmware update of the Router and let us know the results so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
matthew1
Beginner

Hello,

I have exactly the same phenomenon. I use Asus PCE-AC58BT with TP-LINK Archer AX6000. When I set the 5G wireless mode as 11ax only, my AC58BT cannot connect to the SSID but at the same time, my IPhone 11 can connect without a problem. What's more, if I detach the AC58BT's antennas, I can connect to the SSID, but the link speed is very low. With the WiFi connected, then I attach the antennas to the adapter, the wifi keeps connected. But after I reboot the PC, it cannot connect to the SSID again. 

I have tried various versions of the adapter driver, but the phenomenon is the same.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello zZKubiKZz, I just wanted to check if you were able to install the firmware update of the Router provided by ASUS and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

I already tried their firmware and nothing changes. They said something like "we investigating your problem, wait forever"

I will probably go to service center soon. 

If you keep this thread open i will write somewhen if my problem will be resolved. But it may not be soon

About if i need assistance - i still not sure if the problem in router. So if you have any ideas about what might be wrong with net card(OS, drivers, etc) you can suggest.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the problem with the Wireless connection persists after trying the firmware update of the Router.

Sure, we will keep this thread open for as long as you need it, we are just going to do follow-ups on the case to confirm if there are any updates on the topic.

And yes, to get in contact directly ASUS or if you have the chance to visit the service center will be the next thing to do because it seems that there could be a hardware problem with the computer itself or with the Wireless kit. Same thing with the Router itself, in order to confirm that the optimal settings are set on it or to verify if there might be hardware problems with it, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of it for further assistance on this matter.

Keep in mind that the thread will remain open, we completely understand that because of the virus it might be risky to go outside, so do not worry about the time frame that it takes for you to get in contact directly with ASUS, just post the updates and we will further assist you with this matter.

matthew1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
matthew1
Beginner

@zZKubiKZz May I know which country you are from? I am from Russia and I have the same issue as yours.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I too was having problems getting my PC to connect using Wireless-AX. I fixed this by enabling the Smart Connect feature in my router (a tp-link AX1500).

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello zZKubiKZz, I just wanted to check if there are any updates on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

No updates for now. 

I trying to contact with SCs but there is only one that can take my router and its not working now. So i cant tell even when i will be able to give my router to SC. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We are sorry to hear that the Service Center is close and they will not be able to provide further assistance to the customer. The thread will remain open.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

I finally gave my router and card to SC. It should take about 2 weeks. I will write here right after i get it back. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
zZKubiKZz
Beginner

Got some update. Router is fine, problem was in ax200 card. Didn't get technical conclusion yet, will get it in few days probably. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

zZKubiKZz, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Perfect, excellent, no problem at all, once you get the technical conclusion, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos