Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AX200 cuts download speed / Slow download speed after 5-10 minut of using

TeenagerLeo
Novice

Good evening. I have a laptop Lenovo Legion 5 2020 with wirless modul AX200. In my place there are also 4 Android phones, one Android TV and another one Windows Laptop. All these devices are conected to home Wi-Fi with gives 20 megabits for uploud and 20 megabits for download. All divices work fine and if you check speed on them they give 19-20 megabit for both sides. All exept my Legion 5. It has Windows 10 Pro with all updates and last wirless driver ver. 140.

The issue it that it cuts download speed. Every time. In the begining everything works fine, but after 5 - 10 minuts it cuts downloand speed to 3-4 megabit. Upload speed works fine. Always 20 megabits. That problem exist on all version of drivers (on old and new). I can disconect and immediately reconnect to network, and it again starts work fine. 20 megabits to both sides, but after 5-10 minuts again cuts only download speed. What can I do to solve this issue? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TeenagerLeo
Novice

Installation of version 22.150.0 (last version for now) solved my problem. It works quite good and don't cut downloading speed. It's a little strange cause I have been installed it before and it's didn't work then. Maybe Windows updates somehow helped.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello TeenagerLeo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information: 

• When did the issue start? Was there any change before the issue started?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

As well, please try a clean installation of the latest wireless drivers following the steps here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Driver download page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Please let me know the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
TeenagerLeo
Novice
Hello Steven, thank you for your reply.

As about your questions: yes of course it's original adapter from brand new laptop, and of course it has never changed.

The issue was from the first day of using. It happens in different operation systems (it was always Windows 10, but since then I have reinstalled OS couple of times)

And yes, of course I have tried clean installation, and many others recommendations from official sources.

Also I should say that some version of drivers works fine with other routers in other places. Not all, but some. I mean they cut download speed at home, but works good in other places. At home I have standard router that provides me from operator. I can't change it. And as I wrote before all another devices work fine with it.

Anyway. As temporal solution I found in one driverpack an old version of driver (in my case it is 21.80.2.1) that now work quite good. As at home, as in other places. Finally stable connection and no speed cuts. All this time after I posted my question I checked it in different scenarios, and I should say it works as should.

But I think my question is still important, cause many other users of this laptop (Legion 5 2020) have same problem, and we we are discussing about it in thematic forums, but still don't find one solutions for all users. For example my version of driver works fine for me and someone else, but for other users it doesn't help.

Between old drivers there is also version number 22.0.1.1 what works good but sometimes still have disconnections.

I would be very grateful if you will help us to find solution. I am able to make any tests or send any information you can need. Thank you. P.S. it would be nice if Intel official site had also on page for old version of drivers. For users like me, so we don't need to search it in all internet between thousand of dangerous sites.
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

In order to investigate about this issue, please provide the following information:

As well, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
TeenagerLeo
Novice

Good morning, Steven.

For testing issue I installed the new recommend version of driver from official website of Lenovo. That version is not very last but it's comes with Windows Update. If you need I could repeat testing with very last version from Intels site. But there will be absolutely same results.

From beginning I installed that version and checked settings that you asked.

After that I started the program, started the scan and saved the file. It's name tech_info

Later, approximately after 5 - 10 minutes I launched video in YouTube, and when checked the speed, the issue was already active. And then I started scan again and saved another file. So there will be two files. Before and after speed slow down. I don't know if it was necessary, but I thought that maybe it will be helpful for you research.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will be working on the case. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello TeenagerLeo,

Based on the steps performed, our best recommendation is to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), as this seems to be sourced at operating system level.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
TeenagerLeo
Novice

Installation of version 22.150.0 (last version for now) solved my problem. It works quite good and don't cut downloading speed. It's a little strange cause I have been installed it before and it's didn't work then. Maybe Windows updates somehow helped.

0 Kudos