Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

AX200 not connect to AC

Egyptianman75
Beginner

I just buy Intel AX200 to replace my original wifi intel 8260>
My machine is dell precision 7710

both AX200 and 8260 connect perfectly to 2.4GHz and 5Ghz but at 5Hz it only connect as N not as AC and when i switch my router to AC ( 802.11ac) only it do not connect to it .
in system log for windows i find this error : 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage

i tried many routers but nothing worked it only connect at N ( 802.11n)

please help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Egyptianman75

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

For these issues, please first review the following recommended steps:

1- Make sure you have installed the latest and recommended drivers for both Wireless and Bluetooth. You may also try a clean installation of both drivers. We recommend using the customized drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer (OEM) Dell*. However, checking the DELL* website, we are not able to find drivers for the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200. In this case, we recommend checking directly with them if they have customized drivers* for your configuration (laptop model + wireless card):

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/precision-m7710-workstation/drivers

In case your OEM does not have drivers available, you may try the clean install using the Intel® generic drivers:

2- Try changing the Advanced Wi-Fi adapter settings to "VHT mode or 802.11ac". Please refer to the following link for instructions, section "802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode": https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

3- Please also check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

However, since you mentioned you tried many routers and the issue persists, this could be a compatibility issue with the laptop or a wireless integration issue. When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Having said that, could you please try the following test?

If possible, please install the original wireless card Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 that came pre-installed with the laptop. Does it work fine? Can it connect to the 802.11ac standard on the 5GHz band?

If the answer to the previous question is yes, we recommend then install the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 on the laptop making sure that it is properly connected; please also check that the cables are plugged correctly installing the antenna cables in the proper configuration based on your OEM instructions.

If the issue still persists, this actually may be related to a bigger compatibility issue. In those cases, the root of the problem could be one of the followings:

• The system may require a firmware update.
  • The system connector for the wireless card is not designed (at the electronic level) to work with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and the system is not compatible with this wireless card.
  • There is a limitation from your computer manufacturer (OEM), in this case, Dell*.

In those scenarios, our recommendation is to check directly with your OEM to confirm full compatibility and for additional debugging and assistance from their site.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Egyptianman75

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Egyptianman75

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

If the issue persists, our final recommendation is to check directly with your OEM to confirm full compatibility and for additional debugging and assistance from their site.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos