Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 not found on ubuntu 20.04

tcelvis
Beginner

I recently purchased an AX200 for my ZBOX-CI322-NANO, replacing the AC3160 which was working just fine.

I have ubuntu 20.04 installed in the system, with HWE kernel 5.11.  Checked the `/lib/firmware/` folder do have `iwlwifi-cc-a0-*.ucode` files.

However, the system just does not detect the AX200 wifi adapter.  Bluetooth adapter detected but only shown as "Intel Corp.", not the "Intel AX200 Bluetooth" that was expected.

For the WIFI adapter, it seems to be not even a driver issue.  Because neither `lspci` or `sudo lshw` could detect the existence of the wifi adapter at all.  There is not a single line about `iwlwifi` or `wifi` at all from `dmesg` either.

More information on the system:

Full kernel version: 5.11.0-41-generic #45~20.04.1-Ubuntu

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3150 @ 1.60GHz

My question:

Could this be a hardware compatibility issue?  I.e. is there difference in PCI compatibility / requirements between AC3160 and AX200?  Is there compatibility issue between AX200 and Celeron N3150?  Does AX200 require any specific configuration in the BIOS or motherboard that AC3160 does not require?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello tcelvis

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Did you check BIOS/Motherboard compatibility before the upgrade?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

Here is some information that might be helpful for you:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos