Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AX200 slows down when bridged

pvogler
Beginner

I have an Asus AX200 Desktop card.

The issue I experience is that when I bridge my WIFI adapter the speed drastically drops down. After I remove the bridge everything goes back to normal.

I already tried any available driver and I haven't found any solution to my problem in the support forums.

Is this a known issue and if yes is there a workaround?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello pvogler, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Are you having problems with an Intel® or an Asus* wireless adapter? Do you have the full model number or a picture of the product/box by any chance?  

2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

3. Provide a detailed description of the issue along with the steps you follow to reproduce the issue.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello pvogler,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
pvogler
Beginner

Hi

Sorry I was away for a few days. You find the system check in the file attached.

When I bridge the WIFI adapter with the Ethernet adapter, the speed slows down immediately on either upload or download constantly. When I remove the bridge everything is back to normal immediately.

Thanks Patrick

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello pvogler,   

Thank you for your reply. 

I can see based on what you report that this seems to be what we call a wireless integration. I would like to let you know that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. An Intel® Wireless Adapter installed in a system that is being sold on the market doesn't necessarily mean that same wireless adapter can be used or installed in any other systems for the above mentioned reason. As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. You are required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html  

The wireless adapter seems to be working as expected as you mentioned that when you remove the bridge, everything works as expected. So please try the following: 

1. Is this an Intel® adapter or is it the AX200 chip installed in an Asus* wireless adapter? Do you have the full model number or a picture of the product/box by any chance?  

2. Provide a detailed description of the steps you follow to reproduce the issue.   

3. The problem can also be related to the bridge configuration in the Operating System (OS) design, I can see that you are using the Windows version 1809. You may want to try a clean install the latest Intel® wireless driver, but first you may want to install the latest Windows version available for your system. Note: The windows versions 2004 and higher have had some problems related to wireless technology, so you may want to install the version 1909 maybe. Check with Microsoft for help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a#:~:text=In%20Windows%2010%2C%20you%20decide,Update%20%26%20Security%20%3E%20Windows%20Update%20.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
pvogler
Beginner

Hi

I am running the latest version of Windows Server 2019 (1809). But I also tried with Windows 10. It is the same thing.

1. It is an ASUS PCE-AX58BT
  2. Creating a Network bridge with the ASUS WIFI card on the Intel Ethernet card.
  3. I tried ALL available drivers. Intel and ASUS. Always the same.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello pvogler,    

Thanks for the information. 

Based on the testing that has been done, this indeed seems to be related to the OS bridge configuration as mentioned before. 

Due to the fact that this is an ASUS* branded card, then you should be reporting this to ASUS* directly for more support on this. 

Regards,    

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello pvogler,    

I hope the previous post guided you to the correct support place. As you should be working on this with Asus* directly, I will proceed to close this inquiry.

If you need further assistance, please submit a new question and we will gladly assist you.

Regards,    

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos