Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AX201 Bluetooth dead after sleep (S3) and resume - continue

pawelwod
Beginner

In response to: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX201-Bluetooth-dead-after-sleep-S3-and-resume/m-p/1397148/highlight/true#M42434 

Maybe it lost from your radar.  If @Steven_Intel is not willing to continue this topic can someone take over it?

Paweł

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello pawelwod,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We can definitely continue working on this issue in this new thread, since the previous one was closed.

Based on the fact that you have provided the logs in the previous thread, could you please confirm if you updated the BIOS and yet the issue persists?

We will work on this issue based on the logs.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
pawelwod
Beginner

Yes, BIOS was updated and the issue persists.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you.

I am going to work on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello pawelwod,

After working on this issue, the logs indicate that the USB xHCI controller crashed after resuming from sleep mode and Bluetooth was unable to recover from the crash. Could you please confirm if you tried disabling USB 3.0 or xHCI mode? If you did and did not work, please try other workaround or solutions to prevent xHCI controller from crashing such as disable Fast Startup on Win10 in Dual boot OS mode, or check with distro a newer kernel that may fix the xHCI in the future.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
pawelwod
Beginner

So after this hard work and tons of logs you finally figure it out that the BT is not working after resume and you advice is to

- disable embedded Intel Corporation Ice Lake-LP USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controller on which this platform is build around or

- to disable Fat Startup on Win10 even if Win10 is working fine and only linux kernel have the issue or

- to check newer distro newer kernel which I already did and also tried the mainline kernel

Please can you confirm that I you advice correctly?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Due to logs showing USB xHCI controller is crashing:

[68.410988] xhci_hcd 0000:00:0d.0: xHC error in resume, USBSTS 0x401, Reinit

[ 68.410991] usb usb1: root hub lost power or was reset

[ 68.410992] usb usb2: root hub lost power or was reset

[ 68.423677] nvme nvme0: 8/0/0 default/read/poll queues

[ 68.676611] usb 3-6: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd

Our recommendations are the following:

• Disable USB 3.0 or xHCI mode in BIOS (so EHCI mode will be used instead).
  • Disable Fast Startup on Win10 in Dual boot OS mode (even though in Windows 10 works fine, again, this is to prevent the xHCI controller from crashing).
  • Continue updating to a newer kernel version that may fix the issue, since this is only happening on Linux.

Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
pawelwod
Beginner

I have no option to disable xHCI in BIOS and disabling fast startup did not help.

As for third option: since you are basically telling to your customers to GFY so I'm following your guideline and I'm done wasting my time here. I will retire this **bleep** anyway next year and buy something that is working.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response, pawelwod

We understand these workarounds are not a solution, but due to the environment and the limited support on Linux, our best recommendation is to keep updating the kernel version.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. We appreciate your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos