Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX201 Miracast issue

Barten
Novice

Hello,

I have an issue with AX201 (win11) and Miracast on LG tv-set. Older driver 22.120.1.9 works without issue

But latest driver 22.130.0.5 causes an issue with Miracast on LG. In most cases I just cannot establish Miracast connection and even if connect successful to display connection is not stable and disconnect in few secs.

As workaround I just rollback to 22.120.1.9 but it's interesting why new driver breaks Miracast

Also I found out that on v22.70 Intel driver resolved issue on LG Miracast. So it looks like Intel has been aware of some compatibility issue with Miracast on LG. In 22.70 it was fixed and in 22.130.0.5 is broken again

Release notes for 22.70 is:

- v22.70
1.- LG Television fails to connect to Miracast when using Wi-Fi driver version 22.50. (Win10)
2.- Support for Windows® 11 added (Win 11)

11 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Barten,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

4. Are other devices having issues connecting to the Miracast?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Barten,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Barten
Novice

Hello Deivid A., 

It's a Lenovo laptop. WiFi is pre-installed

No other device have no issue with this particular LG and Miracast

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Barten, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your report, please try the following:

1. As a test, perform a clean installation of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver:

2. If the intel driver does not work, try with the drivers from Lenovo:

3. Try the recommended steps from Microsoft:

4. Restore C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MF\Active.GRL file from another computer where Miracast is working.

5. As the last option, try a clean install of the latest Windows 11, refer to Install Windows from a USB Flash Drive.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Barten
Novice

Not sure if you saw my first post in details.

I wrote that driver version 22.120.1.9 works without issue. Issue is with latest intel driver 22.130.0.5. This one is not stable on LG Miracast connection. Also mentioned that similar problem was already seen in earlier versions and solved in 22.70 (according to Intel releases notes)

So my ask is if it is possible to fix issue in 22.130.0.5. I'm pretty sure developers know what has changed in 22.70 (to solve LG Miracast issue) and broken again between 22.120.1.9 and 22.130.0.5. Whatever it is it causes again some issues on LG Miracast.

- v22.70
1.- LG Television fails to connect to Miracast when using Wi-Fi driver version 22.50. (Win10)
2.- Support for Windows® 11 added (Win 11)

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Barten, 

Thanks for the response. Before I check this issue internally, can you confirm if you tried the rest of the steps recommended?

1. Does the same issue appears with the latest drivers from Lenovo?

2. Have you tried the recommendations from Microsoft?

3. Have you restored the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MF\Active.GRL file from another computer where Miracast is working?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Barten
Novice

Answers below:

@DeividA_Intel wrote:

Hello Barten, 

Thanks for the response. Before I check this issue internally, can you confirm if you tried the rest of the steps recommended?

1. Does the same issue appears with the latest drivers from Lenovo?

No. Lenovo delivers 22.10.0.7 which works fine

2. Have you tried the recommendations from Microsoft?

Yes. Nothing help for 22.130.0.5

3. Have you restored the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MF\Active.GRL file from another computer where Miracast is working?

Yes. it's exactly same file. So nothing changed

Barten_0-1653684000581.png

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Barten, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Barten, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that Intel has discontinued marketing and development for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi) and Intel® Pro Wireless Display (Intel® Pro WiDi) applications and related receiver certification programs effective immediately.

Because the Miracast standard is natively supported in Windows® 10 and Windows 8.1 operating systems for wireless display capabilities with strong user experience, Intel is redirecting resources and focusing on future areas of growth.

At this point, I recommend you to check with Microsoft for further support. Also, you can find more details in the following links:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DepthEmpty
Beginner

intel Widi and Miracast are two different things. WiDi was discontinued SEVEN YEARS AGO. Intel still supports miracast. It seems like you didn't even read his post. He clearly showed the release notes from a recent (less than seven years ago) driver: 

"Also I found out that on v22.70 Intel driver resolved issue on LG Miracast. So it looks like Intel has been aware of some compatibility issue with Miracast on LG. In 22.70 it was fixed and in 22.130.0.5 is broken again

- v22.70
2.- Support for Windows® 11 added (Win 11)"

so please help us fix the issue. I have the same card and I can't use miracast at all. I've been working on this issue for almost 20 hours total. Maybe more.

0 Kudos
Trec26
Beginner

Hello Barten,

I also had the same issue connecting a WiFi 6 AX201 with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. If you still has the problem you may try this.

It took a long time to find a quite simple solution: disable all other network adapters (I believe the cause was the Ethernet adapter) and try to connect again.

It worked for me.

After a successful connection I reactivate all other adapters and the miracast  kept working.

Let us know if it works in your case.

0 Kudos