Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

AX201 Stopped Working

crazedaku
Beginner

My laptop's wifi recently stopped working. I tried Updating the driver to the latest version22.30.0 and still am having issues. I tried to roll back to a previous version of the driver that I know was working but I get an error that a newer version is already installed.

Windows reports a "code 43"

edit: added ssu

edit2: added the detailed ssu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
crazedaku
Beginner

Seems like it was an issue with the laptop itself. I called lenovo support and they walked me through resetting the bios which resolved the issue for now. Feel free to lock this, maybe someone else will gather some insight from this post.

steps for those with same problem (try at your own risk)

• shutdown laptop - hold power button until shutdown
  • find reset pin (mine was by the vent on the bottom of laptop at the top right of the vent)
    • hold with paper clip for 5 second
    • select option to boot into bios
  • boot into bios
  • f9 - reset configuration to default
  • f10 - save and restart
  • took a second for wifi to startup, but was working after that

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
crazedaku
Beginner

Seems like it was an issue with the laptop itself. I called lenovo support and they walked me through resetting the bios which resolved the issue for now. Feel free to lock this, maybe someone else will gather some insight from this post.

steps for those with same problem (try at your own risk)

• shutdown laptop - hold power button until shutdown
  • find reset pin (mine was by the vent on the bottom of laptop at the top right of the vent)
    • hold with paper clip for 5 second
    • select option to boot into bios
  • boot into bios
  • f9 - reset configuration to default
  • f10 - save and restart
  • took a second for wifi to startup, but was working after that
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

crazedaku, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, excellent it is great t hear the problem got fixed by resetting the BIOS and now the wireless connection is working properly. 

Thank you very much as well for sharing the solution, we are sure it will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos