Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

AX201 Wireless + Bluetooth 5.1 Adapter Missing In Device Manager

msong18
Novice

Hi,

Couple days ago, I have finished building a new Intel i9-10900 (NON K)

system and currently having difficulties setting WIFI.

My system's motherboard (ROG STRIX Z490) manufacturer (ASUS) has claimed that this board is equipped with AX201 WIFI6+BT adapter.

After installing all the drivers, the network adapter device can not be found in Device Manager. I only have Intel Ethernet I225-V correctly installed and have been using.

I also dumped out DXDIAG log to see if wirelss ax201 PCI device is present but unfortunately, I could not locate AX201 device (Vendor ID 8086, Device ID 06F0)

Does this mean that I have a defective board?

My local service center keeps telling me to re-install everything from scratch till the Wireless adapter shows off.

I installed from scratch at least 3 times but no luck setting up WIFI.

Please do help me out by giving me technical advises on what could be possible solutions to my problem.

I have attached my DXDIAG log for you to refer.

Thank you very much for your support and help.

I really need one now.

Thnx

ms

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

0 Kudos
msong18
Novice

Thank you for your support.

I am attaching SSU log from My system

Please look at the log and let me know if there is HW issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello msong18,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

We found another thread describing the same issue you are reporting on this one. To better assist you, we will continue troubleshooting this issue on the other thread:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004guiCA

Thank you for your understanding.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos