Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

AX201 name resolution

pontabin
Beginner

I am using a PC with AX201 implemented and connected via VPN (Cisco AnyConnect).
In this state, when I execute "ping <my computer name>" to check name resolution, I get "wifi IP address" instead of "VPN IP address".

When connecting with other NICs, I can get the IP address of the VPN, but only when connecting with AX201 does this occur.

Can this be fixed so that I can get the "IP address of the VPN" even when connecting with the AX201?

I would like to get my IP address while connecting with my application, but I am having trouble getting it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pontabin, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Just to make sure, the wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pontabin
Beginner

Mr. Alberto.

Thank you for your support.

I have checked with Microsoft regarding this question.
Here is the answer from Microsoft.

When devices that support Modern Standby AOAC and devices that do not support AOAC are mixed on the same computer, there was a problem where the device that supports AOAC was given priority.
This appears to be a Windows OS issue.
Disabling AOAC in Windows solved the problem.
I would like to end this question.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pontabin, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, it is great to hear that Microsoft was able to assist you on this matter and that after disabling AOAC in Windows the problem got fixed and the system is not working properly. Thank you also for taking the time to share the solution, we are sure it will be very useful and helpful for all the pees looking at this conversation.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos