Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

AX201 on Windows 11 - Reconnection Issues

JoeRV
Beginner

Hi folks. I am after some assistance with this issue. I have recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11. The machine is an Acer Spin 3 (SP314-54N). This machine has the Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160 MHz chip handling the wireless network access. 

Straight off the bat, I noticed that whenever the computer went in to standby or sleep, there would be no internet connection when resuming use of the computer. It would say that it was connected to the network, it would even say that there was internet access but nothing is accessible. Even a simple ping of www.google.co.uk in CMD didn't work. The only way to resume internet access is to restart the mahcine.

Appreciating that Windows 11 is very new, I had a look on Intel's website for the latest drivers. I have installed the Intel Driver and Support Assistant which has updated my driver. I am currently using the 22.80.1.1 driver but I am still getting the same issue.

I will add that I do have a VPN installed on my machine. I am conscious that this might interfere so I uninstalled it, and the problem still remains. There were no issues when this machine was running Windows 10. There are 3 drivers for this chip on my laptop (2 Intel and 1 Microsoft). I have tried them all and the same issue arises.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JoeRV,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. What is the brand and model name of your router?

4. Have you checked this issue with ACER?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JoeRV
Beginner

Thank you for your assistance.

1. I have conducted the can although I am not sure what to do with the results.

2. Yes I can confirm that this is the same chipset which came with the PC. It is a laptop so I believe the WiFi card cannot be replaced.

3. It happens with every WiFi network I connect to.

4. I have not. I have now however looked on their website and downloaded the latest drivers for the WiFi card from there website. They appear to be an earlier set of drivers but I will test them and see how things go.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JoeRV, 

In this case, to proceed further I will appreciate it if you attached the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to your next response. Also, please share the results from your test with the driver from Acer. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JoeRV, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JoeRV, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Also, I recommend you to check with Acer for driver's installation steps since they are customized to work perfectly with your laptop.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos