Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7458 Discussions

AX210 Wi-fi platform hardware guide

Dickmali
Beginner

Hello,

I am developing a hardware platform with 4x AX210 M.2230 Wi-fi modules. On the system, only the Wi-fi capability is required (no BT, no AMT). In data sheet, it is specified the wi-fi can be used via PCIe interface.

Questions:

(1) Is connecting one lane of PCIe sufficient to access all the capability of the wi-fi module? (CLINK, I2C and other M.2 signals will not be connected to the processor: NC or PU/PD only)

(2) If (1) is true, does it mean module configuration and control can be done by SW via PCIe lane instead of separate sideband signals?

(3) Is there platform hardware guide document available? The information from data sheet might not be sufficient for platform hardware development.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Dickmali, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to provide the most accurate response to your inquiries or to point you in the right direction for support. 

As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Dickmali, I just received an update on this matter.

In order to gather the information you are looking for please visit, sign in, and submit your inquiries on our Intel® Developer Zone website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/overview.html#gs.lq9q0v

Or, you can also get in contact directly with any of our Intel® Authorized Distributors and request a FAE (Field Application Engineer), for further assistance on this matter:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor?language=en_US

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos