Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7507 Discussions

AX210 wifi card not showing any wifi network and keeps getting "had problem starting"

Lionel1
Beginner

Hi,

I just installed an Intel AX210 NGW WiFi card on my Asus TUF Gaming FX506LH laptop, and I can't get it to work.

Symptoms:

- Device Manager says the card is OK

- But in card properties from the Device Manager, I keep seeing events "had problems starting"

- Wifi starts but cannot find any WiFi network around (there are plenty and I have many other devices connected to my network)

- Wifi keeps getting turn off and back on without any action from my side

I already did a clean install of the card drivers: removing any old wifi drivers and installing the latest intel drivers.

My laptop runs Windows 11, fully up-to-date.

Questions:

- Is the card compatible with the laptop? 

- What should I do to make it work?

Many thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Lionel1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter.

In reference to this scenario, it is important to mention that when you install a wireless card on a laptop, that process is what we called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: board, wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters, antennas, m.2 port, all those parts need to be compatible for the proper functionality of the Wireless connection. There is also regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration" that you can verify in the following links:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

To answer your questions, the manufacturer of the laptop is the only one that can confirm if the wireless card is fully compatible with their device and also, if possible, how to make it work.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos