Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7578 Discussions

Killer wireless 1650i

sam0056
Beginner

Hi can someone please help me all of a sudden my wireless adapter killer wireless 1650i is showing code 10 cannot start. I have an Acer nitro 5 gaming laptop and I am running Windows 10 home. What I have tried so far uninstalling driver then reinstalling after that using the Intel update utility program to further update the driver to the latest. On one occasion when I stopped and started the wireless from services. Msc it worked for about 30 min before the code 10 error once again. Finally I have also formatted the laptop and reinstalled Windows fresh which again returns the code 10 error. I await your response.

Ill post my own response. I have fully formatted once again and reinstall windows and still the same issue so i guess its a hardware failure. I have ordered a new wireless card.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sam0056

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

1. Is this card an integration (upgrade/not original card) or the preinstalled card on your laptop? 
  2. What is the specific laptop model? 
  3. Have you tried a Clean Installation of your Drivers, using the latest Killer driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
sam0056
Beginner
Hi I have explained everything in my above post I formatted the drive reinstalled Windows from scratch and still faced the exact same issue therefore it's clear it is a wireless card hardware failure and I've ordered a new card.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sam0056  

Thank you for the information provided. 

In that case, if after your analysis, you suspect it's a hardware failure or already bought a new card, we recommend you to check it out with your Laptop Manufacturer. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
sam0056
Beginner

I have bought a different intel card the Killer wireless which the manufacturer used is to expensive.

0 Kudos
sam0056
Beginner
There is a new development I purchased and installed the new wireless card successfully turned on the laptop everything worked fine for about 1hour and now back to yellow ! Mark and code 10 error. I'm going crazy here
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @sam0056  

We are sorry to hear that your replacement card didn't work as expected, however, it is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop).  

We recommend you speak to the Laptop Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the Laptop Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
sam0056
Beginner

I have since replacing with the new card removed it again and sent it back for refund as i have established for certain that it is not a hardware fault. On replacing the original killer wireless 1650 card it started to function once more for all of half a day and now it has the yellow exclamation mark and is in status code 10 device cannot start once more. To recap i have fully formatted the sysytem and installed windows fresh via creating a bootable usb from the microsoft site then fully installed all device drivers and am still facing this issue. Currently i am using a usb tp link network card for the internet. There is absoloutely no sense in why this is happening but i am certain it is not hardware related due to the steps i have outlined above.

0 Kudos