Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Ac 3160 issues detecting home wifi

Brikbrik
Novice

Hi

Working on a lenovo windows 10 64 bit and have had no issues connecting to wifis. But I just had a new wifi installed and ipad, iphone, surface have no issues picking it up and using this wifi with very strong signal. My laptop cannot detect it at all. I have updated to the latest intel driver with no errors during installation and have run System Support Utility with no errors. I can pick up other wifis and can see my neighbours(from same network provider!)

What am I missing here?? please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Brikbrik
Novice

Steps 1 and 2 did the trick! Thanks so much!!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Brikbrik,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

3. Is the Bluetooth working? 

4. What is the brand and model name of your router?

5. Have you checked Lenovo to report this issue?  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Brikbrik
Novice

Deivid!

Thanks, appreciate it.

Quick replies:

2. Yes, it is the original

3. Yes bluetooth is working

4. Sagemcom Wi-fi router D6

5. Nope.

Have attached the file.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Anders

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Brikbrik, 

In order to help you with your issue, please try the following:

1. Perform a clean installation of the latest driver from Lenovo.

2. Perform a clean installation of the latest driver from Intel:

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19430/intel-proset-wireless-software-and-drivers-for-intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-3160.html

3. Use the built-in Network Reset for Windows 10. You can do this by clicking Start and typing Network Reset. You may have to reinstall any VPN adapters and re-input any Wi-Fi or VPN passwords after using the Network Reset. You may also need to reinstall the network adapter drivers.

4. Check with the IPS (Internet Service Provider) for firmware updates or for different settings for your router.

5. Check with Lenovo for BIOS updates and to look for hardware failures on your laptop.

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Brikbrik
Novice

Steps 1 and 2 did the trick! Thanks so much!!!

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Brikbrik, 

I am glad to know that you were able to fix the issue using the steps provided, I will proceed to close this thread since the problem is fixed. However, if you have any future issues, do not hesitate to create a new post to get proper support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos