Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Asus UX305 and Intel AC 7265 WIFI Issues

CWiko
Beginner

Hopefully this helps someone out there not make the same mistake I made and a lot of other people made. Do not buy ANYTHING with the AC 7265 Wifi adapter or an ASUS UX305. You'll never be able to fix the wifi with the suggestions provided by "support". I've spent countless hours trolling the internet and support forums trying to find the magical "solved" post. Doesn't exist.

My ASUS UX305 is the most expensive paperweight I've ever purchased. Sometimes I get really lucky and I can get 5min of wifi before the adapter kicks out. I've followed all the intel suggestions...reinstall drivers, upgrade/downgrade drivers, tweak the settings, etc....Don't waste your time. Some of the suggestions are embarrassingly comical, like asking users to roll back the adapter settings to decade old technology.

Forget about ASUS, they're clueless. It's all just them leading the customer on until the warranties run out. The product is junk, support is non-existent. I will never purchase an ASUS laptop again, and whatever I buy I will definitely check to make sure it doesn't have an intel wifi adapter in it.

This post will likely get deleted or locked like all the others on this subject, but hopefully a couple people read this and avoid getting burned. I'll make sure to post this in every tech forum I have access to.

There I vented, i feel better now.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi Bobonuts,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the ASUS UX305 and the Intel Wireless-AC 7265 Adapter. I've alerted our Support team to respond to your note as soon as they're back online tomorrow to see if there's anything we can do for you. Thank you for letting us know.

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Bobonuts,

Same as Mary, I am really sorry to hear that you are dealing with issues on an Intel component.

I work for Intel customer support and I searched on our internal data base using your email address and name and couldn't find any previous ticket so probably you tried everything already but we don't know what you have tried so we need more information to try to help you.

Would you please send me a private message with your phone number so that we can call you? ...of course if that is okay with you. I also created a service ticket with number: 02192567 in case you want to call us, if you do, please make reference to that number. Our contact information is available at the following URL: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @21 Contact Support and I would recommend a phone call for quicker resolution.

I cant promise that we are going to be able to fix the issue as the manufacturer of the equipment may have done modifications to our component but we are going to try our best.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bobonuts,

We are sorry to know your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 is having connectivity issues. We would like to help you resolve it if possible.

If you would like to troubleshoot this, please let us know the following information:

- Access Point model and firmware version.

- Please elaborate on the issue you are experiencing (warnings, errors, behavior description, etc).

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen Save the report to a file. Then post your reply to this thread using the Advanced editor options, adding the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bobonuts,

We haven't seen any replies to our messages. Feel free to contact us if you require assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos