Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Ax200 has experienced unstable connection.

FWu8
Beginner
  1. AX200 is able to connect to Internet
  2. but the icon on the right below would keep showing icon 'Earth'...Please refer to attachment video clip.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you install the AX200 in your laptop yourself?

Do you have a wireless mouse/keyboard?

What operating system? WIndows 10? What version? 1909?

What is the model number of your processor?

What is the model number of your laptop?

Doc

0 Kudos
FWu8
Beginner

Q1: Yes.. I do.

Q2: Yes, but they go through a USB Hub

Q3: Win 10, 1909.. Before upgrading to 1909, it worked well.

Q4: i5- 9300H,

Q5: acer A715-74G

I brought this issue to acer service center but it worked well there. anyway, my network environment have been working for years without any problem. I think this may be a compatible issue between AX200 and device which don't know. but I think it may not AP. The access point I am using is MI pro 3, I change to D-link but in vain...

Thanks

Foster

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Q1- You cannot simply install the wireless card without consulting with acer for compatibility.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Q2- Even if connected to a usb hub, the mouse/keyboard could still be causing interference on the 2.4ghz band. Try switching ax200 to the 5ghz band

Doc

0 Kudos
FWu8
Beginner

Q1: The original driver provided by acer was even worse. While I upgrade to the current one which is much better. Brought my laptop to acer 3 times and they do not have any good suggestion for me...

Q2: I did it. no improvement.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello FWu8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you still need assistance. If yes, could you please provide the following information?

1- Since you mentioned you installed the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 on the laptop, did you check with ACER® support regarding compatibility (including antenna certification-legal regulations) and Regulatory Information as per Al Hill mentioned before?

2- What is the ACER® driver version you tested before? Could you please provide a link as a reference?

3- How often does the issue happen? Is there a workaround that solves the problem?

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

4.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

4.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

4.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
FWu8
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for asking. It seems that this issue has been fixed by upgrading the Wifi driver to 21.60.2.1 which is released there days. all the former releases could see the issue. anyway, I will keep eyeing on this issue.

Thank you

Foster

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello FWu8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to know that the issue is fixed by upgrading to the latest driver 21.60.2.

We will proceed to close this thread but in case you need assistance in the future or if you have additional inquiries please feel free to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos