Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Ax200 hotspot speed too slow

kethcap
Beginner

I bought Meta quest3(vr device aka. M3) . Before connect M3 to PC , i tested  hotspot speed.

i don't have router.   

My pc mainbord is MSI b550m wifi . yes  include intel ax200.I didn't buy and install a LAN card. The x200 is mounted on the main board.

It's a question that others asked.

This is the value measured by connecting the phone after turning on the pc hotspot.

I used a program from a router company.

I don't use a router. I only used the router company's program for measurement.wdwdwd.png

Speed too low,  too slow  .  I've never experienced speeds above 250 mbps. 

my internet speed is 100MB(not giga internet).

how to increase hotspot speed. help.

My English is not good. I'll leave a link to a similar situation to mine. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6-AX200-hotspot-slow-with-Virtual-Desktop/m-p/1233732

Did you see the link? He has the same ax200 as me. However, the basic speed is 400 mbps. It's twice as much as I am. And he solved the problem.
His inquiry is the same as mine. I did as suggested there, but the speed didn't increase.
I think I need another solution.

What is the normal speed of the ax200 suggested by Intel?

Members of Reddit claim that Windows programs limit hotspot speed.(https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jgqxlg/howto_vd_low_latency_configuration/)

It didn't work.

attach ssu result

And there is a program called 'Goodbye dpi'installed on my computer. It's not always used. Could this program cause the hotspot speed to slow down?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kethcap,   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I realize how complicated is this situation for you, I will happily assist you with this matter.

I would like to gather some information before I continue further:

1. Is this issue present on both bands (2.4GHz or 5GHz)?

2. Did you test with BIOS version 7C94v1G (dated 2023-08-30)?

3. Is this issue happening with MSI drivers (even if they look old)?

4. Is this issue present with a different phone?

5. After connecting the "Meta quest 3", did you notice a worse performance?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kethcap, 

This follow-up is just to check if you require further support or if you were able to fix your issue with the hotspot speed.

If you need assistance, do not forget to reply with the information requested.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kethcap, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos