Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Ax201 Speed issue

Forsi
Beginner
Hi,
I bought a new dell Inspiron 5406 2in1 (intel i7 11 gen) it came with a wireless Ax201.
And I’am facing an issue that is my network speed is very slow when i do a speed test, other devices are getting high speed. All devices are 3feet away from the wifi modem, I contacted my internet provider and they sent a technician to see the issue and when he came and tested everything is okay, so the problem is in this laptop only. So i took it to the service where I bought it and they factory reset the laptop again but still same issue, so i think there’s something wrong with the wireless card Ax201.

Please i need your support in this matter.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Forsi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information to continue with your support.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. When did the problem start to happen?
  2. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  3. Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?
  4. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  5. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  6. Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  7. Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
  8. Are currently using a customized driver (Dell) or a generic driver (Intel)?
  9. Is your access-point, router, modem AX compliant? If yes, does it support the 5 GHz frequency band and has been configured for 11ax mode?
  10. Are you using the recommended settings for the 802.11ax connectivity?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Forsi
Beginner
  1. When did the problem start to happen? first start
  2. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update? both
  3. Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both? both
  4. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? yes, same
  5. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system? yes
  6. Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing? yes
  7. Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? yes
  8. Are currently using a customized driver (Dell) or a generic driver (Intel)? (Dell & hp pavilion) with Ax201 from factory same issue
  9. Is your access-point, router, modem AX compliant? If yes, does it support the 5 GHz frequency band and has been configured for 11ax mode? yes
  10. Are you using the recommended settings for the 802.11ax connectivity? yes

I just bought a new HP Pavilion it came also with AX201 and same issue found.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Forsi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the information provided; however, in order to investigate this issue further can you please provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report from the Dell Inspiron 5406 2in1, and also please let us know the exact model and brand of your access point, router, modem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Forsi,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Forsi,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Forsi
Beginner

hello,

I dont know how to do what you ask, but i tested many laptop that came with the same wifi card in different internet connections, modems and same issue in all situation, the shop where i bought my laptops from they said this is a problem in the wifi card and maybe intel will issue a new software update for it or somthing to fix it.

kindly do somthing to fix it or just issue recall.

regards,

0 Kudos