Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

B560 Chipset, Wifi 5, BT V5.0, Intel Wireless Bluetooth always Code 19. Help?

jeffw_00
Beginner

I have an ASUS B560M-A AC MOBO with Intel B560 Chipset.  Windows 10 Home, 64b OS.   MOBO manual says it is WiFi-5, Bluetooth V5.0.   I install current Intel Drivers, and in device manager under Bluetooth I see "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" (IWB), and BT works, until I reboot, then the IWB entry in device manager shows a Code 19 error "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)".   I can fix with reinstall, but only until next reboot. 

I have tried removing Upper/Lower Filters from the Registry.  Can anyone advise on how to debug the Code 19 error? 

Thank You

/j

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor II

This can happen due to various reasons, such as corrupted drivers, faulty hardware, or incorrect settings. However, what is the exact model your your wireless/bluetooth card?

0 Kudos
jeffw_00
Beginner

TP-Link UB500  Thanks!

Although - the MOBO also has internal BT.  So I get the same problem

a) Internal BT enabled on BIOS, "Intel Wireless BlueTooth"  in Device manager (updated to latest version), OR

b) Internal BT disabled on BIOS, using UB500.

Something else in the PC seems to be "blocking" the BT and I don't know how to track it down.  

0 Kudos
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor II
This device appears to be from tp link, not intel. I recommend you to get in touch with tp link for further support. You can also share the system logs of your computer , if you wish. This will help us verify your specs and drivers. You can find the steps here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html
0 Kudos
jeffw_00
Beginner

Already talked to TP Link - they said they were "unequipped" to help debug a code 19 error.  If their product worked properly on a different PC (it did), they have nothing else to offer.  

Please read my Email more carefully.   I have two failing scenarios with different products.

1) Internal BT from Intel (Intel Wireless Bluetooth. latest driver from 2023). 

2) External (USB) BT from TP-Link

Both yield the same error.  

The "Intel Support Utility" was not helpful for #1.  

The purpose of this post is to get advice on how to debug a Code 19 Error. on the Internal "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" driver.   The TP-Link info is provided as extra data that may be helpful. 

Thanks!

/j

0 Kudos
佑綺_Mayu
Novice

The SSU is just to determine all the hardware available for the system both disabled and not. Anyways, moving on. Why are you using 2 Bluetooth devices in one system? those cannot co-exist in one system despite having an internal and external. I know because I have a Logitech Mice that has a built in dongle and it causes chaos with my Bluetooth drivers from Intel. 

My suggestion is to completely eliminate (both hardware and driver) one of them so one can exist within the exist. The reason code 19 exist is because there is one or more devices that has the same type of hardware existing. 

Anyways, since your tp link clearly has the higher performance, i suggest completely eliminating the Intel Driver COMPLETELY and use the driver from TP Link 

https://www.tp-link.com/jp/support/download/ub500/ ( can look for the english one sorry, I live in Japan) 

If you're wondering if your wireless will get killed, no it won't but it applies to the wireless as well, you can't have 2 similar hardware co-existing unless you want Windows to throw code 19 without notice

0 Kudos
jeffw_00
Beginner

(sigh) I am NOT trying to use two BT devices in one system, I have never run the system with two BT connected, and I don't know how you would draw that conclusion.  When one approach didn't work, I completely cleaned it off the system (as you suggest) and tried the other one.  It is interesting to me that both fail the same way.  

The PC does have an old Logitech wireless mouse, and the first thing I did was disconnect it, reboot,  and use a wired mouse.  However, I was unable to find any SW or driver related to the mouse to uninstall.   Is there something to look at here?  

I have already done as you suggest, both ways.  Repeating what I said above

a) After uninstalling the "Intel Wireless Bluetooth"  driver , and then disabling BT in the BiOS, I tried the TP-Link dongle

b) with the TP-Link drivers completely uninstalled, I enabled the internal BT in the BiOS, and then made sure I had the latest "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" drivers.

In all cases, I can get things to work initially, but after a reboot, I get the Code 19.  When I leave my BT device connected during that first reboot, I can hear it tell me "connected" early in the boot up process, and then "disconnected" a moment later.  Something else on my PC is blocking -any- BT I try to install (on an otherwise trouble-free white-box desktop) and I don't know how how isolate it.

Thanks in advance for your on-point advice!

/j  

0 Kudos