Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Bluetooth Lag on 11th gen Intel

azdust
New Contributor I

Bluetooth Lag with Intel 11th generation devices

I can confirm that there is definitely an issue with bluetooth lag with 11th gen Intel devices.  The lag appears when I connect an external bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  Every couple of minutes my mouse or keyboard fails to respond in a timely manner.  This results in jerky mouse movements and delayed typing.

I have tried two different sets of external keyboards and mice.  No change in behavior.  Both keyboard mouse sets suffer from periodic lag.  Here is the equipment that I have tried:

- Dell KM717

- Dell 7321w

My system:

Dell XPS 17 9710 with Intel i7, 11th gen processor

32 gb ram

1 tb ssd

Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Nvidia 3060 GPU

Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2 x 2) and Bluetooth 5.1

17.0" UHD+ (3840 x 2400 display

Software resolutions attempted:

I have tried the Bluetooth and Killer drivers on the Dell support site.  After much frustration, I uninstalled these drivers in the device manager, rebooted and installed the latest Intel drivers from Intel.com  Unfortunately, no change in behavior.

Finally, I wiped the system and reinstalled Windows 10.  This time I ignored the Dell drivers and installed the latest Intel drivers, no change in behavior.

At this point I wondered if there was an interference issue.  So I setup an Apple iMac running MacOS 11.6 and a MacBook Pro 16 running Windows 10 Pro 21H1.  No issues of lag with either machine over a two day period.

On the Dell forums there is a 29 page forum with users complaining about the same issue.  There are also similar forums on the Lenovo forums.

Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works?  Or does anyone have a solution?

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @azdust 

In those threads, you may find some temporary solution:

Intel-i7 Gen 11 Bluetooth issues

Wi-Fi AX201 Bluetooth mouse freeze

Leon

0 Kudos