Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Bluetooth SW causes overheating

FMz
Novice

Hi.

I have a Intel 6235 N, and noticed even booting my laptop with bluetooth disabled, the devmonsrv.exe process from Intel driver and SW, takes a huge load on CPU an system idle process. My CPU shoot from its usual 47ºC to an average 80ºC!!!! As soon as kill the process the laptop resumes to normal.

I've searched for similar issues on the internet but only found results regarding games lag with no solution available.

I have latest drivers installed.

Can you please help me fixing this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FMz
Novice

Might be worth mentioning that file was scanned in virustotal.com and although most anti-virus considered the file clean, there were 2 you reported malware.

CMCTrojan.Win32.Krap.1!O20140122RisingPE:Malware.XPACK-HIE/Heur!1.9C4820140205

How much longer will I wait for a response?..

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for the issue. I was going to ask if this could be caused by a virus, among other questions I had.

These are download links in case you need to reinstall the drivers:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/ Wireless Software Downloads

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth� technology

0 Kudos
FMz
Novice

Hi joe,

I guess you can start asking away whatever other questions you have..

After re-installing BT SW for the 3rd time, now instead of 2, I get 3 apparently "false positives"..

CMCTrojan.Win32.Krap.1!O20140122RisingPE:Malware.XPACK-HIE/Heur!1.9C4820140206TrendMicro-HouseCallTROJ_GEN.F47V013020140206

Thanks.

FMz
Novice

still nothing?? 5 days from latest post and no support yet. Are you waiting for me to give up on your support or have you given up on me already?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I decided to check by myself with latest drivers for WiFi and Bluetooth: Rising* and Trend Micro* antivirus did not find viruses related to any Intel® software (but only suspicious cookies) and the aforementioned process is sitting with zero CPU load.

Has this ever worked properly for you? If so, what changed?

I wonder if you get better results after a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 How to perform a clean boot in Windows

0 Kudos
FMz
Novice

Thanks for your reply, finally.

I'm not surprised you didn't find any viruses, IMO this were false positives. If you want I can upload my devmonsrv.exe file for you to analyse, but I'm pretty sure my laptop is very safe and virus free using ESS7 (ESET Smart Security 7).

Well.. Basically what changed is irrelevant. I replaced my HDD with an SSD, and replaced my DVD for a DVD-to-HDD cradle. This problem wasn't occurring before but then again.. Odds are before I hadn't the latest drivers/SW.

I can post my laptop specifications although I consider them as irrelevant as the HW change.. The problem is obviously SW.

Samsung NP550P5C - i7 3610QM/nVIDIA 630m 2GB/16GB RAM/128GB SSD/1TB HDD

Cold boot won't help because the problem is intermittent..

I was able to determine this, problem is always solved by killing devmonsrv.exe process and problem occurs either with BT on or off.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I agree that hardware changes are most likely irrelevant in this case. However, how can we determine the cause of the issue in your system if this seems to be software related and it is not widespread? This is the reason I believe the clean boot is a good option. Perhaps some Windows* features like Event Viewer or Resource Monitor will provide more information.

I have a question you may be able to respond by taking a look into Programs and Features: was there any software/update installed by the time this issue started to happen?

0 Kudos