Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Bluetooth Service view has stopped working

PJoha7
Novice

To keep order, I have moved the Bluetooth issue from to a separate post

Thanks for getting back to me, Aleki.

I have two problems with Bluetooth.

1. Turning on the Bluetooth adapter.

A. The only way i can do so is by pressing my Asus fn+F2 key, where I can turn on wifi and bluetooth.

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-280111-242583/BN WiFI.png

However, I can`t switch on Bluetooth without turning off Wifi. I can`t find anywhere else to switch on Bluetooth in my computer.

B. When I bought the computer, Bluetooth was easily available in my destop Icon list. Now, when I try to add it in the list, I get the message that I can`t because it is not active.

And the only way to activate it is; see A. This is maybe something I must address with Asus, but maybe you can help.

2. Playing music with external bluetooth device. After switching on Bluetooth as described in A, I do manage to connect and pair with external device, but when clicking "listen to music, nothing happens. After continued clicking I get the following error:/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-280111-242564/Bluetooth.png

Translated from Norwegian: "BT S V has stopped working.."

Revision: As I was testing now, I managed to get Bluetooth and Wifi working at the same by clicking wifi after clicking BN, so that`s positive.

But problem 2 remains. I have the following drivers installed(should be the newest)

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-280111-242584/Drivers.PNG

The following adapters/hardware:

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-280111-242585/Hardware.PNG

Hope this is enough info to advice me, If not, please let me know, or if should contact ASUS.

PS! I had the same problem before reinstalling Windows. This problem has been with me since I reinstalled win the first time, over a year ago. I was adviced by Asus to remove all drivers and restart computer, and it would automatically reinstall, but that was to no avail.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PJoha7
Novice

Additional info: The Logitech adapter can be ruled out as source of problem. It works fine when we connect our smart phones to it.

I used the pre-installed version when reinstalling windows ( via F9)

• Are you using the same adapter that came with your laptop? Yes
  • Are you using the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) driver or Intel's? Not sure, but it should be same as original, only updated (possibly) I can find out, if you could direct me where to check
  • Check if disabling wireless while you are connected to your Bluetooth* device makes any difference. No, it doesn`t

It doesn`t seem that Asus can provide much help, their only suggestion is to reinstall drivers or reinstall OS, both of which I have already tried unsuccessfully.

Have checked other posts, among other this:/message/129241# 129241 Intel Bluetooth service view has stopped working - Intel 6230 ProSet

and maybe the solution is more related to this. I have checked C:/Program files(x86)/intel/bluetooth and the files

Bluetooth Device Monitor

Bluetooth Media Service

Bluetooth OBEX Service

are all there, so I couldn`t get "strongerthanall"s solution working. However, I see that all the files in the folder have various, older dates, some from last year. Strange, because I reinstalled OS and reinstalled all Intel drivers recently? Would it perhaps help to delete the Bluetooth driver, and delete this folder, and then try to reinstall?

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Perholan,

In this case, we recommend that you uninstall the Bluetooth software from Control Panel >>> Programs and Features, locate the Bluetooth driver and uninstall it, and then, go to device manager and uninstall the Bluetooth radio adapter. Here are the step by step:

1 - Download the Bluetooth drivers from our support page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng Intel® Download Center

2 - Once you have downloaded the drivers according to your OS, you go to Control Panel >>> Programs and Features, locate the Bluetooth driver and uninstall it.

3 - Then, go to Device Manager and uninstall the Bluetooth* radio adapter.

4 - Proceed to installing the Bluetooth drivers according to your OS.

0 Kudos
PJoha7
Novice

There are two Bluetooth radio adapters, generic and Microsoft (see above). Should I uninstall both?

Should i both uninstall Bluetooth patch 17.1.1411 and Bluetooth proset wireless 3.0 ....? ( not visible on print above, but I have installed it subsequently)

I have been through this before, so the more specific info, the better, thanks.

0 Kudos
PJoha7
Novice

I have now tried installing everything, as I have before, and installed the latest drivers again. Still no reaction, when clicking "listen to music". Have also connected another BT device, same thing happens. Can you please get back to me specifically on what I am writing 4 days ago, about the files in the program folder?

0 Kudos
PJoha7
Novice
0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello perholan,

Please confirm if you were able to do the clean install of the drivers as recommended before. This way you will remove any old files from your system and install the necessary files for the operation of the Bluetooth adapter.

During the process you should have Uninstalled Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology (the patch first, and if the other version 3.x remained, then uninstall it also).

Then, from Device Manager - Bluetooth radios, uninstall the "generic Bluetooth adapter", if possible, mark the box to "delete the driver software for this device".

After that, you should be able to install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7*, version 17.1.1411.01, that can be downloaded in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wireless-N+1030 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+Centrino%C2%AE+Wireless-N+1030

We cannot refer to the additional file mentioned in the other forum, as it is not provided by Intel. If it is not part of the Intel software, you should contact the software provider for more information about it.

About the date shown for the files, please consider that installation files normally show the date in which there were created or modified, not the date they were copied to your computer.

0 Kudos
PJoha7
Novice

Hi Jonathan, thanks so much for coming back to me. I haven`t seen the replies before now for some reason.

I have now installed a new disk and will try what you have recommended here. However, I want to update all my Intel drivers, and I am afraid to mess up something.

My experience is that the update driver utility is no good, so I want to (have to) download/install manually. I am a bit disappointed that you have no automatic update service which works, but that`s a reality I have to deal with.

Could you please provide a complete procedure for updating drivers? I have had so muct trouble, so I would reeeeeeally appreciate that. I mean, the recommended order, and the steps i should follow, for installing uinstalling etc of:

- HD graphics 3000 driver

- Chipset driver (6 series/c200series

- Wireless driver

- Bluetooth

- Widi

- And whatever else.

Here are my total specs gathered from

Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0306 5649

Date Created: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:56:31 PM

ADVANCED

SYSTEM INFORMATIONComputer ManufacturerASUSTeK Computer Inc.Computer ModelK53EOperating System (O/S)Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bitOperating System Build (O/S)7601Operating System (version)6.1.7601O/S Language0414System RAM8.0 GB.NET Framework Version3.5.30729.5420CD or DVD DeviceSlimtype DVD A DS8A8SHSystem Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size:237.7 GBLocal Disk C:\207.9 GBUsed space:121.9 GBFree Space:86.0 GBLocal Disk E:\29.8 GBUsed space:10.6 GBFree Space:19.2 GBMemory DetailTotal Physical Memory8.0 GBAvailable Physical Memory4.8 GBTotal Virtual Memory2.0 GBPhysical Drive0MakerCT250BX1Model00SSD1Bus TypeSATAPhysical Drive1MakerSanDiskModel<td style=...
0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Perholan,

The first source to obtain drivers for your PC should be the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support, the OEM may have added customizations to the components that require customized drivers. We advise you to check the http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53E/HelpDesk_Download/ Asus K53E Support for more information and to obtain drivers.

The drivers from Intel are generic versions and should be used as second option. If you plan to use the Intel drivers, please try the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility. It should work fine in most systems, if you encounter any issues, you can try updating the drivers one by one.

To do a manual install, you can look for individual drivers in the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center.

0 Kudos
PJoha7
Novice

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, although I have to admit it was less specific than I hoped for.

The newest drivers on the Asus support site are all over 3 years old. The driver update utility obviously has problems (or only for my computer?). When I run it, it finds, Wireless, bluetooth, and Chipset drivers,

Upon installing chipset, it confirms completion, but the utility states "failed", and there is no sight of the driver that should have been installed. The bluetooth driver however installs, but the Utiltiy also here states "failed". The Wireless driver cannot be installed before uninstalling previous version. However, in the process, one also needs to uninstall bluetooth proset, and manually delete files in several folders, which is not explained anywhere. These issues are the reason that I am asking you for a detailed procedure for updating drivers.

I will now try again, but if you have any further tips, it would be highly appreciated.

Br Per

0 Kudos
PJoha7
Novice

Have done everything by the numbers now, and still the same problem with Bluetooth. Extremely vexing. So if anyone has any bright ideas I`m all ears...

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Perholan,

The actions required to do a clean install of drivers may vary, here is a summary of the actions this may involve for each component:

- Download the driver from the OEM as first option, or the generic driver from Intel® Download Center.

- Uninstall any driver related software from Control Panel - Programs, discarding changes or application data if the option is given.

- In Control Panel, Device Manager, right click on the Device and Uninstall it. Marking the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

- Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the device shows as Unknown Device.

- Install the new driver.

Our focus in on WiFi and Bluetooth* functionality, installation of other components would be better handled in a different forum. Considering this, here are the instructions to do this for the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24847/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-WP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit (WP), version 17.1.1501.01.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23723/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7*, version 16.11.0

- Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

- Also in Control Panel - Programs, uninstall Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology (the patch first, and if another version remained, then uninstall it as well).

- In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

- Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

- Also in Device Manager, under Bluetooth Radios, Uninstall the Intel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth®, also selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

- Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

- Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

- Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology downloaded before.

Here are some additional download links you requested:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23861/Intel-Wireless-Display-Software-for-Windows Intel® Wireless Display Software for Windows, version 4.2.29.0

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit, version 15.28.24.64.4229

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20018/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-Series-Chipsets-Zip-Format INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets - Zip Format, version 9.2.0.1030.

0 Kudos