Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Bluetooth The Device Cannot Start: Code 10

Kramey
Beginner

Recently my bluetooth has stopped working on my PC (Windows 10). When I go into Device Manager and select "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)" it shows this image:

Kramey_0-1597262022239.png

I have tried uninstalling and installing the device driver, updating windows, and essentially everything most troubleshooting forums suggest. Any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Kramey, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

4. Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started?  

5. Exactly what troubleshooting steps have you tried already to solve this issue? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Kramey
Beginner

Hi Sebastian, 

Thank you for the response. After posting this question, I preceded to open up my case because my thoughts were that the Bluetooth dongle was fried (it came pre-installed with the PC). I looked around and couldn't find the actual dongle. I then cleaned out a little dust and rebooted the system. Bluetooth was working again...

I still don't know what caused the issue but I appreciate Intel SSU link. I will certainly use that next time I have an issue. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Kramey, 

Thank you for the update. 

I am glad to hear that your Bluetooth is now working, based on that; we will close this inquiry. However, if you need further assistance, feel free to open a new thread; please keep in mind that this one will no longer be monitored.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos