Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Bluetooth disabling issue and Device Driver errors on Windows 11

JohnnyGui
Beginner

I have an AX210 Bluetooth card. Ever since clean installing Windows 11 21H2 I have the following 2 issues with every Windows 11 supported Intel Bluetooth driver. Windows 10 did not have those issues at all

Issue 1

I have two 8bitdo controllers which both sometimes show a Driver error when the controllers are paired (but not connected). This can be provoked when turning Bluetooth off and then on again. Googling shows many people are having this issue (with other Bluetooth cards) on Windows 11.

When trying to connect the controllers, they appear to connect fine but there is no input registration. You can find a video with steps for the issue here

Deleting and reparing the devices as well as deleting and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver and running the Troubleshooter several times only fixes this temporarily

I have tried contacting 8bitdo but they can not reproduce the issue. 

Issue 2

When such a problematic BT device as above is paired, the Bluetooth button in Quick Settings (appears when left-clicking on the right lower sound and network icons) sometimes hangs when trying to turn Bluetooth OFF and Bluetooth takes a very long while until it is disabled. You can find a video with steps for the issue here

Two others with different Bluetooth cards have the same issue in the following thread (please scroll further down in the link).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-hardware/8bitdo-sn30-pro-plus-bluetooth...

Note that one of them is having this issue caused by a  Bluetooth Audio device and not a controller.

What I have tried

- Deleting and reparing the devices as well as deleting and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver and running the Troubleshooter several times only fixes this temporarily

- Swapping my AX210 with a WIE7265 Bluetooth card did not fix this

- SFC /scannow did not find any errors

- Trying different Intel Windows 11 supported Bluetooth drivers

I can not use my Bluetooth controllers nor disable Bluetooth properly because of these issues.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnnyGui,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+).   

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

3. Does this issue happens with the drivers from the laptop/motherboard manufacturer?

4. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

5. Do you see any errors in the device manager?   

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

1. There wasn't an original BT/Wifi adapter that came with the computer. I bought the WIE7265 and the AX210 myself afterwards

2. Desktop

3. Yes

4. It started after clean installing Windows 11

5. The 8bitdo controllers do show errors (yellow bang) in Device Manager when they're paired. As said, deleting the devices/bluetooth driver and reinstalling or running troubleshooter only fixes this temporarily.

Question, are you able to reproduce the issues mentioned in the opening post? I have linked videos that show how to reproduce them.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnnyGui, 

I may be able to try to replicate this behavior, however, before that I would like you to try the following:

1. Get in contact with your motherboard manufacturer to confirm that it is compatible with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+).

2. Perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers:

3. Check with Microsoft directly to confirm if the 8bitdo controller is compatible with Windows 11. When a device is not fully compatible, it may or not work under specific circumstances.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

Thanks for your reply

1. The motherboard compatibility isn't the cause because it was working flawlessly on Windows 10. Also, my other WIE7265 BT card worked flawlessy with the controllers on Windows 10 with the same motherboard

2. I already tried clean installs of these drivers several times. They only fix the issue temporarily.

3. There are users having no issues with my model of the 8bitdo controller on Windows 11. 8Bitdo themselves told me it should work normally on Windows 11. The issue here is the Bluetooth driver for some reason.

I have attached a notepad file containing several links to many users having the same issue. Posting this many links in the reply itself would mark the post as spam and will get deleted. Please see the attachment.

I'm curious whether this is reproducible at your end or not. But please be aware that this issue can be random as described in my opening post and that the steps might need to be repeated after a reboot. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnnyGui,

Thank you for the information provided. To investigate this issue further, please attach the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

1. Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html
2. Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View".
3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,
Deivid A.

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

Thank you for taking the time to test this.

For some reason, SSU doesn't launch. I have used System Info itself to make a txt file with my PC info. Please see the attachment.

If there is any more info needed on the issues, please let me know.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thanks for the file. I will this issue internally and I will let you know about any updates or if I have any other questions.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician \

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnnyGui,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After investigating your issue and, based on the extended troubleshooting and issues being shown after Operating System upgrades, we recommend you reach out to your device's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

Thank you, but my PC is custom built. Also, please recall the many links I attached containing other users having the same issue.

Were you able to reproduce the described issue?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnnyGui, 

Thanks for the response. Based on the troubleshooting and your information, this issue appeared after the Windows 11 installation which is why I recommend you to check this behavior with Microsoft or with the motherboard manufacturer for compatibility and instruction. 

I did not try to replicate this behavior since you gave enough information and perform the troubleshooting needed to get to the conclusion.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JohnnyGui
Beginner

It is unfortunate that you did not try and replicate this after all the info and steps that I gave.

Me troubleshooting and giving enough information about my issue does not mean that this is a universal issue. Trying to replicate it would prove that this issue is a general Windows 11 problem.

0 Kudos