Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7692 Discussions

Bluetooth disconnection multiple gamepads AX200 AX201 AX210 AX211 AX401

will6
New Contributor III

Hi. When will have a fix for this issue?

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-bluetooth-disconnection-with-multiple-game-controllers/td-p/1460592/

Cards affected:

AX200

AX201

AX210

AX211

AX401

New BX cards too.

Please DONT answer random nonsense.

25 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @will6,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel® communities. We sincerely appreciate your inquiry and are eager to assist you in resolving the issue you're facing.

In order to gain a comprehensive understanding of the situation, we kindly request that you provide us with the following details:

1.      A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.

2.      An explanation of the symptoms associated with this issue.

3.      Information regarding the specific gamepads that are disconnecting from your wireless cards, including their models.

4.      Please specify the operating system in which this issue is occurring.

5.      Clarify whether this issue pertains to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both.

6.      Let us know if you observed this issue after a system update, or if it was present right from the initial setup.

7.      State whether you are using the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or if you have recently installed a new adapter. For further guidance, please refer to our article on Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

8.      Indicate if a specific driver is affecting the connectivity performance.

Also, we require the SSU report:

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

In order to make necessary adjustments to the drivers or implement fixes, we require all available information about the issue and the circumstances surrounding it. Your cooperation in providing these details is invaluable as we work towards finding a viable solution to resolve your concern.

Thank you for recognizing the significance of this matter, and we are committed to assisting you promptly.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Guess I was not clear enough about random answers.

1. Using MORE THAN ONE gamepad SONY DUALSENSE, bluetooth frequently disconnects the gamepads. 

2. Impossible to use MORE THAN ONE GAMEPAD SONY DUALSENSE.

3. SONY DUALSENSE.

4.  Windows 10, Windows 11.

5. BLUETOOTH.

6. NO. Issue was always there. Cards affected AX200, AX201, AX210, AX211, AX401.

7. BUILT IN adapters.

8. Every driver is affected.

9. Every issue is fixed when replacing the intel BT card for other BT card brand. The other thread has several users with the exact same problem.

No need to send SSU. We and other users send several SSU in the past two years without a proper response. 

I just want to know if you are going to fix it or a recall will eventualy be needed.

MY GUESS, THE ADAPTERS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF INCREASING THE POLLRATE TO MAKE ROOM FOR MORE GAMEPADS (DRIVER OR HW RELATED). DUALSENSE TAKES MORE BW THAN OTHER GAMEPADS.

Please escalate the issue and let us know what the proper team says.

Thanks.

Tommysonic5
Novice

OP mentions the issue occurring with multiple Dualsense controllers connected by Bluetooth. It likely occurs when using (at least one) Dualsense + any other BT device. See thread OP linked for more reports. Just to share my experience here as I did in that pages-long thread:

I have MSI Meg X570 Ace motherboard with built-in AX200 Wifi/Bluetooth. Early this year I was trying to find the cause of audio cutting out on my BT headphones and found out it only happened when my Dualsense controller was also connected to Bluetooth. As suggested by users in that thread, I installed really old BT drivers 21.0.0.4 from February 2019 for the AX200 and it fixed my issue. Months later, I still use that old driver and can use BT headphones and Dualsense controller at the same time without connection issues. 

As OP mentioned this Dualsense BT connectivity issue occurs with a lot of different Intel Wifi/BT adapters, although the 2019 driver I still use today isn't compatible with many of those other adapters.

Tommysonic5
Novice

Just wanted to drop this link for 21.0.0.4 drivers for AX200/201 owners in case anyone needs a working download link: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=d6k9x

I had to do a repair install of Windows 11 a few days ago to troubleshoot some display issues and soon realized my audio was cutting out again while using my Bluetooth headset and Dualsense controller at the same time. I thought that the repair install somehow messed up my audio, but it actually auto-installed some 2022 Intel BT drivers which of course have this longstanding issue.

I was able to use the above installer (and device manager) to uninstall the newish drivers and then re-install those ancient February 2019 drivers.

IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @will6 and @Tommysonic5,

I want to express my gratitude to @Tommysonic5 for your contribution, and thank you, @will6, for your prompt response.

Regarding Tommysonic5's comment, it appears that the issue arose with a driver version subsequent to 21.0.0.4. This information is pivotal for us as we endeavor to ascertain the precise nature of the problem in order to address it effectively. Your input in this matter is highly valuable.

I will take this valuable information and liaise with the relevant department to investigate the issue further. Rest assured; I will provide an update as soon as we have a resolution in sight. Your satisfaction remains our top priority.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

will6
New Contributor III

@IsaacQ_Intel main problem about BT drivers 21.0.0.4 from February 2019 is that they are only compatible with AX200.

That driver is not compatible with AX201, AX210, AX211 or AX401. Since those cards were released after that driver.

So if dev team is unable to find the problem, tell them at least to re-release 21.0.0.4 with support for those cards, so we can test.

Thanks.

IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @will6,

In light of the feedback received from the team responsible for wireless and Bluetooth products, it has been determined that the issue could not be replicated in our laboratory. However, I want to assure you that we are actively working on resolving this matter. While we do not have an Estimated Time of Resolution (ETR) at this moment, we anticipate a resolution to be incorporated in forthcoming releases.

In accordance with the response provided by the team, we will be closing the current thread. Rest assured, any updates regarding this issue will be promptly integrated into our drivers. We appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
elliopitas
Novice

Oh **bleep** off, there's no way you can't replicate it.

I have the same problem with Killer 1650i in my xmg neo 17m21 laptop using my PS5 controllers can't even handle 2 (I have 4).

but guess what some cheap ass USB bt adapter (tp-link UB5A ) I got off amazon works just fine without any issues and is able to handle 4 controllers + audio yet the 1650i isn't even able to handle 2 controllers

just read another thread so many people have this problem and any other BT adapter works just fine

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX200-bluetooth-disconnection-with-multiple-game-controllers/m-p/1531431/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExORzEzVVI0U0UyN05NfDE1MzE0MzF8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M50126

BaldwinHenry
Novice
0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Let them know about driver 21.0.0.4. So they can compare on what went wrong since then.

Thanks.

will6
New Contributor III

New driver released

Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - AXxx1/BExxx : 23.0.1.1 WHQL [21/09/2023]

Seems only for cards ending on xx1, 201, 211, 401, etc.

Please report back.
0 Kudos
pfjarschel
Beginner

No fix here

will6
New Contributor III

Thanks for your report.

Let´s see on upcoming drivers. Will post here any news.

BaldwinHenry
Novice

Sorry if i may be repeating my post, but for some reason i can't see it here. 
Because i still have what i said saved on my computer, i will post here again:

Hi @IsaacQ_Intel , i bought an ax210 and also started having issues when using 2 Sony controllers. PS5 and/or PS4. Only when using both

It's a little upsetting reading that the problem could not be replicated.. But i may understand why. Some times it may takes more than 1 hour to start the problem. The controllers begin to fail, like if it was losing signal. But i've tested playing as close to the antena as i could, and there were no changes. After some fails, one controller disconnects and turn off. 

To add some more information, i had a Bluetoothe adapter (UGREEN-Mini USB Flash Drive Portátil, Adaptador de PC, Mouse Sem Fio, Teclado, Música, Receptor de Áudio, Win 11, 10, 8.1, 5.3, 5.0 - AliExpress) that i used to play on Steam, before i had the the ax210. And i never had problems using both controllers (only with signal strength, wich i solved with and USB clabe extension).

Not wanting to rely on adapters, and having to use one of my USB ports, i bought this an ax210 (Fenvi Fv-axe3000 Wi-fi 6e Ax210 Sem Fio 2.4g/5ghz/6g 5374mbps Wifi 802. 11ax/ac Pci Express Placa De Rede Adaptador Bluetooth 5.3 - Placas De Rede - AliExpress). It works perfectly if i only use one gamepad. But using 2, we all here have the same problem. 

So i had to disable the bluetooth of the ax210 and went back to the UGREEN bluetooth adapter. For some reason, it started having some issues too, that looked like signal loss, but it was not the case, cause i was 1 foot close with both controllers. The controllers were constantly failing. But never disconnecting.

The interesting part here is that, after being very upset with the incompability i managed to find a workaround, using a software that emulates a XBOX controller based on the commands i use on my PS controller (DS4Windows - Tool to Use PS4/PS5 Controller on Windows PC (ds4-windows.com)). Now i have no issues at all while using both controlles, while using the UGREEN bluetooth usb adapter + DS4 software.

Of course i had to test if i could go back and use the ax210 and the DS4 for the same results, but the problem remains..

So, for everyone here, @will6 , @Tommysonic5@elliopitas@pfjarschel and many others, there is this solution.. Not for the ax210. But at least for your PS5 / PS4 controllers on local multiplayers.    

@IsaacQ_Intel , please, pleeeeeeeeeeease.. help us with it..

Is there anything we can do to help? Like send something like a log, or video footage.. i am willing to help. I really want this fixed.. 

0 Kudos
elliopitas
Novice

The controllers work just fine on my dongle without any workarounds.

They only have problems with the intel adapter. so I just disabled the Intel Bluetooth and I'm forced to use a USB dongle for BT on my laptop which sucks.

Also, they sometimes work for some time with 2 controllers. good luck try getting 3 or 4 working for more than a couple of minutes.

0 Kudos
pfjarschel
Beginner

Yeap, using any external bluetooth dongle, I managed to get a MOGA controller, a Dual Sense, and two joycons working perfectly at the same time. I also own an Ugreen BT 5 and an older Orico BT 4 dongle, and both work fine with multiple controllers. I really don't understand how Intel managed to mess things up so much with these adapters. Oh, wait, I know: "This study shows 95% of our customers use only one BT device at a time, we can save 1 cent per chip if we make it crappy. Almost no one is even going to notice anyway".

will6
New Contributor III

Welcome to the club.

Doesnt seem too difficult to replicate. Every user with 2 DS5 and one of this cards can replicate the problem in a second.

My guess:

1- There is no electricity on Intel lab.

2- Their testers are like santa claus.

3- They are cheap enough to buy two DS5

4-  They dont care.

Let´s see if newer drivers do something about this. They dont sent log tools or anything to help. A video may help, just to have a little more attention. 

0 Kudos
metal1K
Beginner

Hi,

Using an AX200 (I think, the one present on an ASUS X570-E) here and experiencing the same issue with more than one dualsense controller connected.

Can also confirm reverting to 21.0.0.4 fixed all issues, getting flawless results with that 2019 driver.

The issue is very easily reproductible, using DS4Windows you get a log of everything happening. Wether one of the controllers disconnects or not, on drivers after 21.0.0.4, you can see several warnings about latency spikes in controllers. Whereas it is flawless and rarely exceeds a 10ms latency on 21.0.0.4. 

So having one controller disconnect is not even the issue to reproduce. Just checking for lag spikes that create micro disconnection / input missed.

Please acknowledge!

will6
New Contributor III

I couldnt get that driver to work with AX201 at all. The .inf file doesnt have that model. And forcing the driver didnt work at all on Windows 11. So the only workaround if just for AX200.

It´s a 4 years old drivers. They ignore all the reports. Not surprised about intel being intel, but wow.

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III
0 Kudos