Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Bluetooth drive not showing up

KHent1
Beginner

​The bluetooth isn't working on my Dell laptop Latitude 5580 Intel i5-6300 version 10.0.17763. The driver isn't even showing in the device manager. I've tried to download driver from the dell website but it's still not showing. Can someone please help me get the bluetooth installed and working.  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If it is not showing up, there is nothing can be done here to diagnose Dell hardware. Contact Dell for support of their laptop

Doc

0 Kudos
KHent1
Beginner

​The contact link is so complicated on the website. It doesn't even give a simple form to fill out with the type of problem I'm having or even a phone number.  

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is by design, as Dell does not want to hear from you once you purchase their hardware. Nonetheless, you have to contact them.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One thing you can do, if you know how to look in the Dell bios, is to check and see if Bluetooth is enabled.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KHent1,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Were you able to check if Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS?

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

• Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• When did the problem start happening? OS update or driver update?
  • Is this a new computer?
  • Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come with the computer?
  • What is the Bluetooth driver version you download from Dell's site.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KHent1,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KHent1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos