Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Bluetooth drivers not working on Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Evaluation

dell5531user
Beginner

Hello,

I have just bought a Dell Latitude 5531 and installed the operating system:

- Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Evaluation

I have installed all drivers successfully using the SupportAssist here:

(Let Dell automatically detect driver updates for you)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/el-gr/product-support/product/latitude-15-5531-laptop/drivers

PROBLEM:

I have Bluetooth Headphones which doesn't connect with the Bluetooth drivers which has been installed successfully. (To mention Add Bluetooth device do find and pair the headphones but after this it is not possible to connect the headphones which I have seen many have this exact problem when googling for Bluetooth on Windows Server 2022)

* I have tried the installation on Windows 10 Pro and here the bluetooth headphones does work without problem.

QUESTION:

I am sure there must be a problem with the Bluetooth drivers which are not compatible with "Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Evaluation". 

So I wonder how this can be solved?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact dell and verify that WS 2022 is supported on your device (which it appears to not be supported).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
dell5531user
Beginner

Thank you, WS 2022 do work on the device as an operating system as I do experience it (Except the Bluetooth then)

I need exactly the WS 2022 for SQL server work and unfortunately can't have any other operating system version I am afraid.

I can only find drivers for Windows 10 etc on Dells website.

Still I wonder if there is any type of solution to this problem, for example is there any universal Bluetooth drivers that could work or any other workaround?

(I will try to contact Dell also but beleive they only will point to the drivers for Windows 10 etc that exist for Dell Latitude 5531)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, that is not what I asked.   Is ws 2022 supported by DELL on this laptop?  Ask dell for support on this issue.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
dell5531user
Beginner

I understand, it seems that drivers only exist for Windows 10 and 11 on Dells website for Latitude 5531. 

I have started a support ticket/chat with Dell also as you said and I will see what they say. Probably they will refer to the same when it comes to the Drivers perheps.

I can not use Windows 12 and must use WS 2022 because I must use SQL Enterprise which unfortunately requires WS 2022.

0 Kudos