Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Bluetooth headphone mic problems (9560)

hmunk
Beginner

When turning mic on mute during skype calls the application informs in couple of minutes that the mic is not working. Found this indentical problem from sony community forum: https://ap.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00005jnbXaSAI/wh1000xm3-microphone-stops-working-during-call?language=en_US

Sony wouldn't own this problem when contacted them.

I have 4/24/2019 dated drivers on my system (21.10.1.2). Driver autoupdate can't find more recent drivers but intel product site says there is one updated 3/24/2020 for this chip. Guys at the sony forum found solution for this problem: install older drivers but this unfortunately does not work for me (would have to prevent driver autoupdate on the whole system but my admin will not allow this).

So the question: Are you aware of this problem and has this issue been fixed in the latest update?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello hmunk, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

To better assist you I would like to gather some additional from you:

• Please confirm the model of the headphones that you are using? Are the same model as the one in the forum that you provided?
  • Do you experience this behaviour only with Skype?
  • Have you tried the headphones in different devices to check if this behaviour persists?

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated:

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

Intel® SSU Download link 

2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 

3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 

4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos