Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7457 Discussions

Bluetooth issue while connecting Sony SRS-XB100 by Intel(R) Wi-fi 6E AX211

Arlex_Chen
Beginner

Good day,

I have encountered a strange issue while connecting my brand new speaker Sony SRS-XB100 to my new laptop Asus Zenbook Pro 14 duo by an Intel(R) Wi-fi 6E AX211 160MHz chip integrated into the motherboard. No sound comes out from the speaker, but the device is connected to the laptop normally, and even the button on the speaker can control the volume.

To verify the problem, I have tried to connect the speaker to different laptops (Lenoval X1C, Asus Vivobook...etc) and cell phones (Sony 5II), and it works normally. I also try the normal troubleshooting on the website but in vain. Since I could not solve the issue, I asked Asus for further technical support and the engineer replied that the problem came out when the speaker connected to AX201 or AX211. It should be a compatibility issue. For this case, Asus said they couldn't give further support, the only way is to wait until a new update from Intel can fix this problem. 

Today I downloaded a newly released vision Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® 23.10.0, but the situation is the same. Could you give me a solution to fix this problem? Here I give you the SSU file for reference (I just restored the driver to 22.220.0.3 since the new version didn't work)

Note: There is one condition that the sound could come out from the speaker when I open the control panel to the sound page but the sound quality is not good. Once I close the window, the sound will disappear in a few seconds.

Arlex_Chen_0-1705046852984.png

Thank you so much for your attention.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
will6
New Contributor III

Many audio devices has problems with intel bt.

In your case, if you are using windows 11, could be that too. Many bt headsets connects correctly but doesnt have sound on windows 11 (they work on w10). Afaik never got a proper fix from microsoft or Intel.

0 Kudos