Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Bluetooth mouse/keyboard stutter

Jeff03
New Contributor I

Has anyone else experienced stuttering with their bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard?  I have a Logitech MX Keys keyboard and MX Anywhere 2S mouse that I use with both an HP Spectre x360 with 10th gen i7 and an HP Envy x360 with 11th gen i7.  Only on the Envy do I experience the issue of where the mouse will lose connection every so often for a few seconds and then it will move again.  It sometimes last just a second and other times it last as long as 4-5 seconds.  Also, I will be typing and the keyboard will not respond and then suddenly I see multiple keystrokes on the screen.  I have seen multiple posts on HP message boards and Dell message boards of people experiencing the same thing.  Some have speculated it is Windows Bluetooth LE implementation in version 2004 and newer and that it only seems to affect Tiger Lake processors.  It is truly annoying and I've tried updating the to the latest wifi and bluetooth drivers on my Envy but that hasn't helped.  I also went into my device manger and turned off power management under Human Interface Devices for bluetooth devices but that didn't help.  

6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I vaguely remember it being mentioned that MS had a general issue with Bluetooth. You might want to check whether there is anything on the MS site related to this.
Just a (late night) thought...
...S
0 Kudos
Jeff03
New Contributor I

Thanks.  I've been searching any and all available boards online and I do see a ton of other people having similar issues.  I also reported the issue through Feedback Hub.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to hold my breath that a solution will be found to this issue, but, we'll see what happens.

0 Kudos
MarcinGalczynski

Hey,

There is a working resolution to this, apparently common, issue. Found it on Dell forum - Solved: XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3 - Page 19 - Dell Community

* Click Windows icon (start)
* Type regedit
* Right click regedit
* Click Run as administrator
* Navigate to =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

It worked for me on MSI Prestige 14 Evo with i7-1185. A welcome relief after months of nothing from official MSI support.

0 Kudos
Jeff03
New Contributor I

I did see about this registry edit but I also read on some posts that some people were experiencing some battery drain issues when their computer was put into sleep after doing this change.  I was waiting before attempting this.

0 Kudos
MarcinGalczynski

Thanks for this note. I did no see any such comment. Given the pandemic situation, I am not traveling with the laptop at all. You still might want to change this to regain the comfort of using the computer - and the change is huge, no BT keyboard or mouse issues anymore. And if You see battery issues, You can always revert the registry settings.

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

Hi

Same Problem here with a Schenker Vision 15 (BaseBoard-Produkt: LAPBC710, BaseBoard-Version: M13919-503) Intel Core i7-1165G7 and WiFi 6 AX201. (Newest available drivers installed)
I tried the registry above, but switched back, because of more heat-activity.

My solution: I play music to my bluetooth-speakers while working with the notebook. Nearly perfect functionality of Bluetooth-Mouse and Keyboard.

I even tried with an external USB-Bluetooth-Dongel and have the same problems.

It doesn't seem to be an easy task to solve.

0 Kudos