Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth not detected AC 7260 for Desktop (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

SRozh1
Novice

Hello,

I just purchased the Dual Band WIreless AC-7260 kit for desktop and have connected it on PCI-E on my Asrock Z77 Exterme4 motherboard. The WiFi started working immediately and performs great but I have not had luck getting the bluetooth module detected. I have connected the extra cable from the card to the board in the bottom row of a USB 2.0 header making sure that the empty pin is not used and have tried connecting it on the top row as well and neither are detected. I have tried installing the driver BT_3.1.1309_e64 on Windows 8.1 x64.

Under device manager the I see the message Unknown USB Device (device Descriptor Request Failed). Can anyone suggest what I could try to get bluetooth running?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KV3
Beginner

Solution for me, probably for others too!

I had the same problem, same batch number as the picture and purchased from Newegg on 10-28-2013.

Batch# : CNWZ39B1WM

MM# : 930921

It seems that somebody that made these wires reversed the D+/D-...it is labeled incorrectly on my wire. I simply reversed the D+/D- connection on the motherboard's onboard USB connector and the computer recognized the Bluetooth adapter immediately upon reboot and installed the drivers.

I am also able to successfully pair my Galaxy S4 through Bluetooth and browse and transfer files as well. All seems to be working correctly now.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

First, I would suggest making sure all USB headers are enabled in BIOS and make sure the cable is connected in the correct position; I have linked the integration guide below. It may also help testing the adapter in a different computer if possible.

http://download.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/dbw-ac7260/sb/integrationguide.pdf http://download.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/dbw-ac7260/sb/integrationguide.pdf

0 Kudos
SRozh1
Novice

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried another USB header on the motherboard and the same error is reported. I have also verified that the cable has been connected correctly according to the guidelines in the installation guide. Could you think of anything else I could do before moving it to another system?

0 Kudos
JGuid
Beginner

I am following up from my (somewhat identical) thread here: /message/210897# 210897 https://communities.intel.com/message/210897

I have the latest Intel .INF drivers installed - INF_allOS_9.4.0.1027 - also have the latest Wireless and BT drivers (mentioned in the previous thread linked above).

Same issue as OP. Also am using an Intel-based motherboard, a DQ77MK. None of the other USB 2.0 headers work with the Bluetooth cable from the PCIe card; they all persist in Device Manager as an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Clarified sentence

0 Kudos
SRozh1
Novice

Looks like acadiel and I are having the same exact issue. I have also verified that the motherboard USB header are working since I have my chassis front panel usb connector plugged into one and those USB ports are working. I purchased my adapter from Amazon as well just this week. Perhaps there is an issue with a certain batch?

Also, as Joe has mentioned in the other thread, I have the INF installed that I got from AsRock's website, perhaps it is outdated but they have not posted a new one.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

OK, we are investigating.

0 Kudos
JGuid
Beginner

If you need me to run any special diags, etc, please let me know. I'm an IT guy and if I don't know how to get you what you need, I'll ask

0 Kudos
TWick2
Beginner

I am experiencing the same issue and i too bought it on amazon

0 Kudos
SRozh1
Novice

twickmanmd wrote:

i would also like to note that the wires connecting to the nic side of the usb connecting cable are not in the same slots on the connector as shown in the image in the integration guide. In the guide the two wires are situated to one side of the nic connector, and on the connecter on the nic side on my cable the two wires are situated in the middle or centrally.

I double checked mine and the wires on mine match that of the setup guide. The small side of the connector has the two left pins connected and two right pins are empty while the usb header has the two middle pins connected.

0 Kudos
TWick2
Beginner

well, dang it, i must have been looking at something different when i wrote that because on second look, mine are exactly like the manual as well, sorry for the confusion, i am going to delete my post in an attempt to correct for any future confusion. sorry

0 Kudos
WChen69
Beginner

I also bought it from amazon and install it on Intel dz77ga-70k, i never got the Bluetooth working, i am getting the same "unkonwn usb deivce" error. This is Windows 7 64bit pc. i am also getting random disconnection every time pc wakes up from sleep. I did update to the latest driver.

0 Kudos
SRozh1
Novice

I have attached the label from mine hoping it will help with figuring out the bath details. JoeRayRap, maybe you got one from the same batch even from newegg.

0 Kudos
JChav3
Novice

I just checked my box and I can confirm I have the same batch as the one in the picture.

0 Kudos
JChav3
Novice

Just got mine today in the mail, I ordered it from NewEgg. I can also confirm that I'm getting the same issue as everyone else in this thread. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-Bit on an Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 chipset. The wifi is very solid, but the bluetooth fails to work

0 Kudos
WChen69
Beginner

I got disconnected again from my wifi for no reason half hour after I posted on this forum, my 5ghz wifi is no way to be found. but my iphone is still connecting to it faithfully. this random drop connection plus no Bluetooth leads me to my final decision. Sorry Amazon,here i come, returning it for full refund. I am back to my trusted Centrino-6205.

0 Kudos
wtoma2
Beginner

I have same problem, NUC 3217by, AC 7260 + BT, latest bluetooth drivers install, can see it, connect keyboard and mouse, everything looks good even identifies hardware, even goes through keyboard pair with keyboard entry, then keyboard and mouse never do anything again. I have reinstalled windows to resolve, but failed. Very bad bug, please fix or give us access to older driver that works. My wifi works ok and card is a non-desktop version, mini pcie card. Also, although windows 7 thinks it paired, keyboard still blinking wating for completion.

SRozh1
Novice

Yep worked for me too! I can't believe none of us have thought to try this. I just flipped the USB header connector and instantly everything worked.

Thank you very much Slapdaddy for taking the time to post this. I guess we good a good product after all.

KV3
Beginner

Solution for me, probably for others too!

I had the same problem, same batch number as the picture and purchased from Newegg on 10-28-2013.

Batch# : CNWZ39B1WM

MM# : 930921

It seems that somebody that made these wires reversed the D+/D-...it is labeled incorrectly on my wire. I simply reversed the D+/D- connection on the motherboard's onboard USB connector and the computer recognized the Bluetooth adapter immediately upon reboot and installed the drivers.

I am also able to successfully pair my Galaxy S4 through Bluetooth and browse and transfer files as well. All seems to be working correctly now.

DTran16
Beginner

Thank you Slapdaddy. I was experiencing the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" error. Your solution fixed it. The two wires are reversed.

JChav3
Novice

Thank you for taking the time to post this! I can confirm that fixed the problem for me too. I was hoping I wasn't going to have to RMA and who knew it'd be something as simple as a reversed wire.

JGuid
Beginner

Yep, so this is right side up for me! (Don't know why the pic is upside down, but the connector, below needs to be up with the copper connectors showing when plugged in.)

And again, this uploaded upside down...

Note that if you install it like the way the integration document wants you to, D- and D+ do line up. The previous poster is correct about the markings on the connector and the integration guide being incorrect. This is either a wiring fault on the board's connector, or in the actual cable. Simple mistake that Intel just needs to fix on future batches.

Thanks for trying and letting us know! I would have never purposely tried plugging it in upside down. Gotta love the crowd sourcing problem solving skills on the Internet! I now have a Bluetooth device!

0 Kudos