Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth not working on Intel Wireless-AC 7265NGU

aquanaut
Novice

Greetings!

I bought a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T450 in 2016 with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265NGU inside.

WiFi worked just fine in both bands but I had never used Bluetooth before the guarantee expired. By the time I needed Bluetooth I realized it was not working.

Tried everything. Clean W7-64bit installation, checked BIOS for any disabled options, updated and rolled back all drivers, disabled and enabled Bluetooth from Windows services, unplugged the card and checked if connectors and cables were OK, but nothing seemed to work out. No Bluetooth icon in device manager and no Bluetooth functionality on my laptop.

Please, I would appreciate it if you could help me with this issue. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
aquanaut
Novice

@Khun_Doug You made me remember I had software disconnected Bluetooth 3 years ago using the Fn + Wireless keys on my Think-pad keyboard. Thank you so much!

The thing is, I have my laptop docked on a Lenovo docking station under my desk so I actually never see the computer. I only see my daisy chained screens and wireless keyboard and mouse. Completely forgot to open the laptop screen and check for the Bluetooth activation.

Ok, problem solved. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Aquanaut,

Have you checked the Lenovo website for that model laptop and looked to see if the available drivers are more current that what you have installed? According to the website, there are two downloads that deal Bluetooth support. The link I used is here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t450/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Bluetooth%20and%20Modem

If you continue to have trouble, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility. The SSU collects a wealth of hardware information, a lot of which will be helpful in assisting with this. The link to the SSU is: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Run the utility, and leave the settings to defaults. Click on Scan, then click Next, and finally click Save. Please attach the saved file.

0 Kudos
aquanaut
Novice

Khun_Doug,

Yes, I have checked the Lenovo website for drivers. I installed the newest ones and I also rolled-back to other versions to see if that was the issue. I also tried with OEM drivers. Nothing worked.
From what I've seen, I am not the only one with this problem.

I have attached the SSU log file for your information. Please, help me with this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Aquanaut,

It's worth noting that Windows 7 is no longer supported. You may want to consider moving the hardware to a supported operating system.

I found a support article on the Lenovo support site on how to turn the Bluetooth on and off. The page can be found here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502462-how-to-turn-bluetooth-on-or-off-in-windows-10817-thinkpad#3

0 Kudos
aquanaut
Novice

@Khun_Doug You made me remember I had software disconnected Bluetooth 3 years ago using the Fn + Wireless keys on my Think-pad keyboard. Thank you so much!

The thing is, I have my laptop docked on a Lenovo docking station under my desk so I actually never see the computer. I only see my daisy chained screens and wireless keyboard and mouse. Completely forgot to open the laptop screen and check for the Bluetooth activation.

Ok, problem solved. Thanks!

0 Kudos